Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Take care of your kids.

So far I love living in our new location. However last night there were 3 kids locked out of the apartment 2 doors down from me. The oldest was 4 (?) the youngest was ONE, I kid you not, 1 years old. They were banging on the door. I know they live there because I have seen them before. I tried to talk to them but I don't speak Spanish and the oldest could not tell me what was happening in English (I was worried that maybe their parent was hurt or something and could not open the door). J was over for dinner (he is fluent) so he asked them if they needed help. They said that their mother would not let them back in the house. J asked the 4 year old what he wanted to do and he said to go inside. I was about to call for help when an adult they knew from the next building who saw them when she was getting out of her car came and banged on their door till the mother, who was clearly *not sober* let them back in. From talking to the other adult, J found out this happens *a lot*. The kids will be locked out for hours (they were locked out when we got home and I was not quite sure what was going on at first but I had a clear view from my kitchen window). Why would the other residents not have done something about this? I am inclined to just pick up the phone and call the police the next time I see them out there. To me that crosses the line from calling CPS about *possible* neglect to a clear crime.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

So far I love living in our new location. However last night there were 3 kids locked out of the apartment 2 doors down from me. The oldest was 4 (?) the youngest was ONE, I kid you not, 1 years old. They were banging on the door. I know they live there because I have seen them before. I tried to talk to them but I don't speak Spanish and the oldest could not tell me what was happening in English (I was worried that maybe their parent was hurt or something and could not open the door). J was over for dinner (he is fluent) so he asked them if they needed help. They said that their mother would not let them back in the house. J asked the 4 year old what he wanted to do and he said to go inside. I was about to call for help when an adult they knew from the next building who saw them when she was getting out of her car came and banged on their door till the mother, who was clearly *not sober* let them back in. From talking to the other adult, J found out this happens *a lot*. The kids will be locked out for hours (they were locked out when we got home and I was not quite sure what was going on at first but I had a clear view from my kitchen window). Why would the other residents not have done something about this? I am inclined to just pick up the phone and call the police the next time I see them out there. To me that crosses the line from calling CPS about *possible* neglect to a clear crime.

bcky2 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Take care of your kids.

ok that is just pure crazy. no doubt in my mind i would be calling the cops next time it happens and every time there after untill something is done. to me that goes beyond cps.

Becky, mom to hootie and nugget.

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast