Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Radosti is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Regretting my vaginal birth

I was always under the impression that vaginal birth is much better than a c-section. I know the recovery for a c-section is harder in the beginning and stuff like that. However, Aaron was 9 lbs 12 oz. My water broke at midnight and they ended up inducing me after waiting for a while. I needed a whole lot of pitocin to get me going. By 8pm, my doctor wanted to do a c-section and I had been pushing for hours and hours. They turned off my epidural to make me push better. Never mind that he was almost 10 lbs and he wasn't coming out. I was so tired, but it angered me that they let me go that long and then told me that I needed a c-section. That gave me the energy to push harder, but I got an episiotomy, tore in three places, Aaron got vacuumed. I couldn't walk for a while. I had internal hemmorhoids and bled profusely every time I went to the bathroom for months. And now, a new development, I am losing bladder control. So, now (6.5 months after giving birth), I need to go get my bladder scoped and do a bladder dynamics study.

All this makes me think that a c-section might have been a better choice in hind-sight. Nothing I can do about it now. I just hate feeling like an old lady with bladder issues...
    DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts

I was always under the impression that vaginal birth is much better than a c-section. I know the recovery for a c-section is harder in the beginning and stuff like that. However, Aaron was 9 lbs 12 oz. My water broke at midnight and they ended up inducing me after waiting for a while. I needed a whole lot of pitocin to get me going. By 8pm, my doctor wanted to do a c-section and I had been pushing for hours and hours. They turned off my epidural to make me push better. Never mind that he was almost 10 lbs and he wasn't coming out. I was so tired, but it angered me that they let me go that long and then told me that I needed a c-section. That gave me the energy to push harder, but I got an episiotomy, tore in three places, Aaron got vacuumed. I couldn't walk for a while. I had internal hemmorhoids and bled profusely every time I went to the bathroom for months. And now, a new development, I am losing bladder control. So, now (6.5 months after giving birth), I need to go get my bladder scoped and do a bladder dynamics study.

All this makes me think that a c-section might have been a better choice in hind-sight. Nothing I can do about it now. I just hate feeling like an old lady with bladder issues...
    DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

kimbe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Regretting my vaginal birth

Hugs Mama! I am sorry that you have to go through this! Hang in there. My thoughts are with you!
    Kim

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast