Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
    BaileyBea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Regretting my vaginal birth

Like you I had a hard recovery. I called it my Drug-free delivery and drug filled recovery. I had DS in Feb and didn't feel normal till Sept/October.

I also had some bad tears 3rd degree at the time but tore even more when I got home from the hospital due to constipation. I had a long tear that went to my lower colon (fissure) and internal and external hemmoroids. This time period was so difficult for me. I remember crying each time I had to go to the restroom. It felt like I swallowed glass.

I had to wait days and weeks in between Dr. appts. So it took a while to get my situation under control. I finally decided to consult a local Mid-wife, who changed my life. She recommend some solutions and I felt a lot better within 2 weeks.

Turns out that some women when they breastfeed have extremely low amounts of estrogen. This causes all types of havoc on your body. You have many of those symptoms w/the loss of bladder control, roids etc... It can take several months for hormones to level off and then you will suddenly start to feel normal again.

For the roids... look up foods that have a large amount of fiber and eat those foods several times a day. For me this meant apples, and artichokes. I drank a ton of water. About 14 cups a day vs the required 8 cups. And I learned that petroleum jelly is a great lube when you have a BM. It made things much easier. (TMI--- Sorry but it works)

On another note there was a recent study that loss of bladder control in women who gave birth by cesarean vs vaginal were the same. The loss of bladder control had more to do w/Hormone production then how you gave birth. So don't regret your vaginal birth. My friends who had c-sections had much more complicated recoveries and many of them had another surgery to fix these complications.

I hope you feel better soon!

Like you I had a hard recovery. I called it my Drug-free delivery and drug filled recovery. I had DS in Feb and didn't feel normal till Sept/October.

I also had some bad tears 3rd degree at the time but tore even more when I got home from the hospital due to constipation. I had a long tear that went to my lower colon (fissure) and internal and external hemmoroids. This time period was so difficult for me. I remember crying each time I had to go to the restroom. It felt like I swallowed glass.

I had to wait days and weeks in between Dr. appts. So it took a while to get my situation under control. I finally decided to consult a local Mid-wife, who changed my life. She recommend some solutions and I felt a lot better within 2 weeks.

Turns out that some women when they breastfeed have extremely low amounts of estrogen. This causes all types of havoc on your body. You have many of those symptoms w/the loss of bladder control, roids etc... It can take several months for hormones to level off and then you will suddenly start to feel normal again.

For the roids... look up foods that have a large amount of fiber and eat those foods several times a day. For me this meant apples, and artichokes. I drank a ton of water. About 14 cups a day vs the required 8 cups. And I learned that petroleum jelly is a great lube when you have a BM. It made things much easier. (TMI--- Sorry but it works)

On another note there was a recent study that loss of bladder control in women who gave birth by cesarean vs vaginal were the same. The loss of bladder control had more to do w/Hormone production then how you gave birth. So don't regret your vaginal birth. My friends who had c-sections had much more complicated recoveries and many of them had another surgery to fix these complications.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29