Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    kimbe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Regretting my vaginal birth

Hugs Mama! I am sorry that you have to go through this! Hang in there. My thoughts are with you!
    Kim

Hugs Mama! I am sorry that you have to go through this! Hang in there. My thoughts are with you!
    Kim

Kim

Kim

Kim

Kim

Kim

Kim

jennifer13 Guest

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Bladder problems suck and make you feel awful. (been there!) I've had both a c/s and vaginal birth, and frankly both were really grueling, excruitiating, and frightening, and I would never repeat either! And the pain after the tearing lasted many, many months. But a lot of effects after the c/s section lasted just as long, including bladder problems, and pain.

All this is to say that there are no easy answers, no way of knowing which would have been better. You birthed a healthy baby, so something must have been right. And it DOES get better over time, it really takes a year for the body to get somewhat back to normal. Hang in there and take care of yourself, and try not to second-guess things, you'll make yourself crazy.

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03
    and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13 Guest

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Bladder problems suck and make you feel awful. (been there!) I've had both a c/s and vaginal birth, and frankly both were really grueling, excruitiating, and frightening, and I would never repeat either! And the pain after the tearing lasted many, many months. But a lot of effects after the c/s section lasted just as long, including bladder problems, and pain.

All this is to say that there are no easy answers, no way of knowing which would have been better. You birthed a healthy baby, so something must have been right. And it DOES get better over time, it really takes a year for the body to get somewhat back to normal. Hang in there and take care of yourself, and try not to second-guess things, you'll make yourself crazy.

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03
    and Leah 3/24/05

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast