Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    jennifer13 Guest

Default RE: Regretting my vaginal birth

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Bladder problems suck and make you feel awful. (been there!) I've had both a c/s and vaginal birth, and frankly both were really grueling, excruitiating, and frightening, and I would never repeat either! And the pain after the tearing lasted many, many months. But a lot of effects after the c/s section lasted just as long, including bladder problems, and pain.

All this is to say that there are no easy answers, no way of knowing which would have been better. You birthed a healthy baby, so something must have been right. And it DOES get better over time, it really takes a year for the body to get somewhat back to normal. Hang in there and take care of yourself, and try not to second-guess things, you'll make yourself crazy.

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03
    and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13 Guest

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Bladder problems suck and make you feel awful. (been there!) I've had both a c/s and vaginal birth, and frankly both were really grueling, excruitiating, and frightening, and I would never repeat either! And the pain after the tearing lasted many, many months. But a lot of effects after the c/s section lasted just as long, including bladder problems, and pain.

All this is to say that there are no easy answers, no way of knowing which would have been better. You birthed a healthy baby, so something must have been right. And it DOES get better over time, it really takes a year for the body to get somewhat back to normal. Hang in there and take care of yourself, and try not to second-guess things, you'll make yourself crazy.

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03
    and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13 Guest

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03
    and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13 Guest

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03
    and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13 Guest

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03
    and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13 Guest

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03
    and Leah 3/24/05

jennifer13 Guest

Jennifer
    Mom to Norah 5/23/03
    and Leah 3/24/05

jasabo Guest

Wow, you've had a really rough time. I'm so sorry when I hear stories like yours b/c I can't even imagine how much harder it makes the whole process of becoming a mom. Not only do you have to deal with the stress of having a newborn, but you also have to deal with all that pain and the other issues for such a long time.

I was an L&D nurse before I had my twins and, as I'm sure you know, there can be problems with vaginal deliveries as well as c-sections. You can never know ahead of time how your delivery will go, no matter which method you have. I can imagine how easy it is to second-guess your decision to have a vaginal birth, but please try to remember that you could have had problems if you'd chosen to have a c-section too.

Related to vaginal tearing - I watched an episode of "Dr. 90210" on the E Channel the other night and they had a woman who was having her labia repaired. Like you, she had a really hard birth and ended up tearing very badly in four places. It sounded terribly painful. Her baby was almost a year old and she wasn't able to have sex anymore b/c it was so painful for her, and she also had other pain issues. The plastic surgery was very successful and she was extremely happy 6 weeks post op. They've profiled a few labia repairs on that show, so I guess it's becoming much more commonplace. Not that you asked, but if the tears are still an issue for you, you might consider seeing a good plastic surgeon. It's even possible that your insurance might cover the repair if it's medically necessary.

Big hugs to you.

jasabo Guest

Wow, you've had a really rough time. I'm so sorry when I hear stories like yours b/c I can't even imagine how much harder it makes the whole process of becoming a mom. Not only do you have to deal with the stress of having a newborn, but you also have to deal with all that pain and the other issues for such a long time.

I was an L&D nurse before I had my twins and, as I'm sure you know, there can be problems with vaginal deliveries as well as c-sections. You can never know ahead of time how your delivery will go, no matter which method you have. I can imagine how easy it is to second-guess your decision to have a vaginal birth, but please try to remember that you could have had problems if you'd chosen to have a c-section too.

Related to vaginal tearing - I watched an episode of "Dr. 90210" on the E Channel the other night and they had a woman who was having her labia repaired. Like you, she had a really hard birth and ended up tearing very badly in four places. It sounded terribly painful. Her baby was almost a year old and she wasn't able to have sex anymore b/c it was so painful for her, and she also had other pain issues. The plastic surgery was very successful and she was extremely happy 6 weeks post op. They've profiled a few labia repairs on that show, so I guess it's becoming much more commonplace. Not that you asked, but if the tears are still an issue for you, you might consider seeing a good plastic surgeon. It's even possible that your insurance might cover the repair if it's medically necessary.

Big hugs to you.

jasabo Guest

Big hugs to you.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast