Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Is it wrong to be jealous when you hear others are pregnant?

DH and I decided when DS was one year old to start trying for #2. Of course, it's been quite challenging "baby making" when we're completely exhuasted day to day and DS still is in our room. But lately I guess maybe my biological clock is going and I'm really getting "stressed" month to month as time goes on and still nothing. And ever since we decided to start trying (nothing active trying but like whatever happens happens kind of trying) DH tells me he wants a big family...well in that case we best waste no time if you know what I mean. Until this past month, it was just whenever we had time to do the deed...I told DH we're going at it this month and I've been reading Taking Charge of your Fertility. Granted he wouldn't complain about the "deed" but I confessed to him how I've been feeling upset that it has not happened yet. Plus it didn't take any planning with DS it just sorta happened on it's own. Hope that wasn't too much information.

For me, I'm a SAHM right now, and it works but I suppose I have been feeling like "useless" just being a SAHM...not that I'm useless but I get "so DS is one now what are you doing with your life?" thing a lot. And the "you went to college and all you want to do is stay home and watch your kid and have more babies?!?!?" So I'm frustrated. Grr....plus there's my mom who says it was wrong to have a baby to begin with why have another stress. Ugh I know more a gripe or "bitch" post.

We also have friends that recently had their #2 by accident without much effort and before their #1 even turned one. Then two friends told me they are pregnant and I feel awful feeling jealous. One was a former boss of mine. She's pregnant with her #2 and an old friend that I had a falling out with and now we've reconnected. I'm happy for my old friend since she's preggies with #1 and it's a good time foe her to have a baby in my opinion. *sigh* I felt bad since I had griped to her about not being pregnant yet prior to finding out today since she kept pumping me with morning sickness and baby pregnancy questions. I told her don't worry about me but I am really happy for you and I'm here for you if you need.

Sorry not really a bitch but just wondering if others felt this way when they were TTC.

DH and I decided when DS was one year old to start trying for #2. Of course, it's been quite challenging "baby making" when we're completely exhuasted day to day and DS still is in our room. But lately I guess maybe my biological clock is going and I'm really getting "stressed" month to month as time goes on and still nothing. And ever since we decided to start trying (nothing active trying but like whatever happens happens kind of trying) DH tells me he wants a big family...well in that case we best waste no time if you know what I mean. Until this past month, it was just whenever we had time to do the deed...I told DH we're going at it this month and I've been reading Taking Charge of your Fertility. Granted he wouldn't complain about the "deed" but I confessed to him how I've been feeling upset that it has not happened yet. Plus it didn't take any planning with DS it just sorta happened on it's own. Hope that wasn't too much information.

For me, I'm a SAHM right now, and it works but I suppose I have been feeling like "useless" just being a SAHM...not that I'm useless but I get "so DS is one now what are you doing with your life?" thing a lot. And the "you went to college and all you want to do is stay home and watch your kid and have more babies?!?!?" So I'm frustrated. Grr....plus there's my mom who says it was wrong to have a baby to begin with why have another stress. Ugh I know more a gripe or "bitch" post.

We also have friends that recently had their #2 by accident without much effort and before their #1 even turned one. Then two friends told me they are pregnant and I feel awful feeling jealous. One was a former boss of mine. She's pregnant with her #2 and an old friend that I had a falling out with and now we've reconnected. I'm happy for my old friend since she's preggies with #1 and it's a good time foe her to have a baby in my opinion. *sigh* I felt bad since I had griped to her about not being pregnant yet prior to finding out today since she kept pumping me with morning sickness and baby pregnancy questions. I told her don't worry about me but I am really happy for you and I'm here for you if you need.

Sorry not really a bitch but just wondering if others felt this way when they were TTC.

Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Is it wrong to be jealous when you hear others are pregnant?

While I have not BTDT, I think feeling jealous is totally normal. Don't beat yourself up for it. You can't control how you feel, you can only control how you act. I know it must hurt, but smile and be happy for people. Just keep trying and I'm sure you'll be posting an announcement soon!

And I know this won't really make you feel better, but some of us, who were surprised by #2's impatience to get here, are a little envious of those of you who get to plan when your next one comes. I'm due at Christmas and my two will be 17 months apart, so I feel overwhelmed sometimes. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. ;)

Good luck!
    Jenn

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast