Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    omgrown Guest

Default ARGH! Itchy welty oozy rash!!!!

I posted about a week ago in the lounge looking for poison ivy rememdies thinking that's what I had. WELL, looks like its not poison ivy, but some other bizarro unknown rash. I've been breaking out in red, hard, raised hot welts all over my right arm for day. Now its starting to come out in individual welts on my upper back, a patch on my lower back and now my feet and lower legs. Also both thumbs and two fingers of my left hand. They itch so intensly I wake up night finding myself scratching furiously at them. They start oozing after a day or two and continually ooze for 2 or 3 days before scabbing over. I thought it had stopped and only got 1 or 2 new welts a couple of days ago, but yesterday I broke out in probably 10 new welts! It was really hot this weekend and we don't have AC yet so I wonder if heat is aggravating it. I'm also about 6 weeks pregnant and I've noticed this first started about 3 weeks ago, then went away, and is now back for the last week and a half with a vengance! I'm sitting here right now digging away at the top of my foot that has appeared to have just swelled up with a new patch of this crap!
    I saw my friend yesterday who is an accupunturist and herbal medicine dr. and will be my doula for this baby and she thinks its an internal allergic reaction to something since a couple of new welts popped up in the time we were talking and there weren't any mosquitos or any of the other potentail culprits around at the time. I haven't changed laundry detergants or my diet. My dogs don't have fleas, no bedbugs, DS and DH don't have anything like it. Just me.
    I'm under a ridiculous amount of stress right now and this pregnancy wasn't planned, although we're happy about it.
    I'm just hot and irritable and itchy and DH is being a total PITA and everything is annoying the crap out of me right now!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening, any ideas???

omgrown Guest

I posted about a week ago in the lounge looking for poison ivy rememdies thinking that's what I had. WELL, looks like its not poison ivy, but some other bizarro unknown rash. I've been breaking out in red, hard, raised hot welts all over my right arm for day. Now its starting to come out in individual welts on my upper back, a patch on my lower back and now my feet and lower legs. Also both thumbs and two fingers of my left hand. They itch so intensly I wake up night finding myself scratching furiously at them. They start oozing after a day or two and continually ooze for 2 or 3 days before scabbing over. I thought it had stopped and only got 1 or 2 new welts a couple of days ago, but yesterday I broke out in probably 10 new welts! It was really hot this weekend and we don't have AC yet so I wonder if heat is aggravating it. I'm also about 6 weeks pregnant and I've noticed this first started about 3 weeks ago, then went away, and is now back for the last week and a half with a vengance! I'm sitting here right now digging away at the top of my foot that has appeared to have just swelled up with a new patch of this crap!
    I saw my friend yesterday who is an accupunturist and herbal medicine dr. and will be my doula for this baby and she thinks its an internal allergic reaction to something since a couple of new welts popped up in the time we were talking and there weren't any mosquitos or any of the other potentail culprits around at the time. I haven't changed laundry detergants or my diet. My dogs don't have fleas, no bedbugs, DS and DH don't have anything like it. Just me.
    I'm under a ridiculous amount of stress right now and this pregnancy wasn't planned, although we're happy about it.
    I'm just hot and irritable and itchy and DH is being a total PITA and everything is annoying the crap out of me right now!!!!!!!!!!

omgrown Guest

omgrown Guest

omgrown Guest

omgrown Guest

omgrown Guest

omgrown Guest

omgrown Guest

jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default RE: ARGH! Itchy welty oozy rash!!!!

red welts/itch/ooz/scab over

The first thing that came to mind strictly based on these words was chickenpox. Is it even possible that you've got chickenpox?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast