Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: My stepdaughter may never speak to me again

Sorry, if it's not useful, then ignore. Just trying to look at it from another angle, ETA: and meant it in a way that might be helpful.

It does sound to me like you have very negative feelings toward the step-daughter overall. But what do I know?

Perhaps it's just a vent and you really are loving and nice to her and *she* is an ungrateful b*tch. I just think there's two sides to everything.

I still think that who pays for dinner is no biggie. Getting too caught up in those details is usually unproductive and depressing.

Anyway, sorry if it hurt, just ignore.

Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Sorry, if it's not useful, then ignore. Just trying to look at it from another angle, ETA: and meant it in a way that might be helpful.

It does sound to me like you have very negative feelings toward the step-daughter overall. But what do I know?

Perhaps it's just a vent and you really are loving and nice to her and *she* is an ungrateful b*tch. I just think there's two sides to everything.

I still think that who pays for dinner is no biggie. Getting too caught up in those details is usually unproductive and depressing.

Hugs, Susan. You absolutely have every right to be open with your stepdaughter about how she makes you feel. Your DH has his own relationship with her, but you are the mother of her sister, and the wife of her father, not just a bystander. Her mental illness may make her unable to follow through on commitments in her life. However, it shouldn't mean that her actions have no consequences.

I've never walked in your shoes, but it sounds to me like you're doing the best you can.

-Ry,
    mom to Emma, stillborn 11/04/04
    and Max, 01/05/06

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/32812.gif
    http://b1.lilypie.com/aKGqm5/.png[/img]

Hugs, Susan. You absolutely have every right to be open with your stepdaughter about how she makes you feel. Your DH has his own relationship with her, but you are the mother of her sister, and the wife of her father, not just a bystander. Her mental illness may make her unable to follow through on commitments in her life. However, it shouldn't mean that her actions have no consequences.

I've never walked in your shoes, but it sounds to me like you're doing the best you can.

-Ry,
    and Max, 01/05/06

-Ry,
    and Max, 01/05/06

-Ry,
    and Max, 01/05/06

Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast