Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: My stepdaughter may never speak to me again

I am sorry you had to deal with such an ugly situation.

Here is my take - at 29 years of age she should not be mooching off her parents. She is physically a mature adult, is intelligent enough to have gone to college, and needs to figure out that her father (at this point in both of their lives) owes her nothing.

Hopefully she will take the opportunity to reflect upon your words and start treating her father with more respect. She should not expect respect from him if she does not give it in kind.

In my book, you did the right thing.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Here is my take - at 29 years of age she should not be mooching off her parents. She is physically a mature adult, is intelligent enough to have gone to college, and needs to figure out that her father (at this point in both of their lives) owes her nothing.

Hopefully she will take the opportunity to reflect upon your words and start treating her father with more respect. She should not expect respect from him if she does not give it in kind.

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

I don't have any advice, but wanted to tell you I'm sorry that you're upset. :( I don't have any experience with anyone who is bipolar, so I do not know what is appropriate, acceptable, etc., but it sounds like your SD needs to take some ownership for her actions and grow up.

Laura
    mommy to Eva Marie 2/16/05

I don't have any advice, but wanted to tell you I'm sorry that you're upset. :( I don't have any experience with anyone who is bipolar, so I do not know what is appropriate, acceptable, etc., but it sounds like your SD needs to take some ownership for her actions and grow up.

Laura
    mommy to Eva Marie 2/16/05

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast