Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Default RE: My stepdaughter may never speak to me again

(((Hugs, mama!)))

I'm glad you got some things off your chest. It doesn't sound like she is ready (or able?) to take control of her life. Our family is in a similar situation where my sister is disrespectful of my stepmother in ways that range from subtle to blow-your-hair-back aggression. The only advice I have is for you to manage your expectations of her--it seems from your post that your DH is able to do that to some degree, and now that you've vented to her, you can only hope that 1) she actually "heard" you, and 2) that she takes some or all of it to heart.

I understand you that it's terribly difficult to watch someone hurt the one(s) you love. I hope you guys can find some peace with this, or that her attitude turns around soon.

Nicole
    Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

http://b5.lilypie.com/nD9Jm5.png

(((Hugs, mama!)))

I'm glad you got some things off your chest. It doesn't sound like she is ready (or able?) to take control of her life. Our family is in a similar situation where my sister is disrespectful of my stepmother in ways that range from subtle to blow-your-hair-back aggression. The only advice I have is for you to manage your expectations of her--it seems from your post that your DH is able to do that to some degree, and now that you've vented to her, you can only hope that 1) she actually "heard" you, and 2) that she takes some or all of it to heart.

I understand you that it's terribly difficult to watch someone hurt the one(s) you love. I hope you guys can find some peace with this, or that her attitude turns around soon.

Nicole
    Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

(((Hugs, mama!)))

Nicole
    Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

(((Hugs, mama!)))

Nicole
    Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

(((Hugs, mama!)))

Nicole
    Mommy of Jackson 4/30/02

dules Guest

I'm sorry. That's a terribly hard situation. I don't know if it's realistic to expect her to show up at baby showers or actually give a gift to her dad or do any of the things that you might expect someone to do, though, given her disease and the way it manifests in her (the car towing comes to mind as an example).

Have you and/or DH sought counseling? It might help to talk with a neutral third party to help you (or you both)find ways to cope.

Again, I'm so sorry.

Best,
    Mary

dules Guest

I'm sorry. That's a terribly hard situation. I don't know if it's realistic to expect her to show up at baby showers or actually give a gift to her dad or do any of the things that you might expect someone to do, though, given her disease and the way it manifests in her (the car towing comes to mind as an example).

Have you and/or DH sought counseling? It might help to talk with a neutral third party to help you (or you both)find ways to cope.

Again, I'm so sorry.

Best,
    Mary

dules Guest

Again, I'm so sorry.

Best,
    Mary

dules Guest

Again, I'm so sorry.

Best,
    Mary

dules Guest

Again, I'm so sorry.

Best,
    Mary

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast