Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    cmdunn1972 Guest

Default I will never go to Home Depot again! (sorry it's so long)

DH wasn't in much of a mood to go out anywhere today, but I wanted to go out for lunch, so we did. Afterwards, we decided to stop by Home Depot (store #4105) to use up a gift card and purchase a house number plaque. (We get a lot of comments that our house numbers aren't visible enough from the street, and we're trying to rectify that.) So, we stopped for what was supposed to be a "quick trip" since we only needed one thing. Unfortunately, the trip was anything but quick!

We found the order forms for the house numbers, no problem, and filled them out. The sign says to find an associate to enter the info into the computer. The idea is that the associate then hands you the invoice which you bring to the checkout. I guess we got the guy who doesn't know how to do his job because he said, "Oh! You can bring this to customer service." All he did was double-check that we had everything filled out properly, but he didn't appear to know much better than I did. Uh, thanks. <eyeroll> From there, the fun begins.

At the customer service desk, there were two registers, but both of them had "customer service" reps who were helping other customers. That wouldn't have been a problem, since I'm usually happy to wait my turn, but not once did another manager come around and offer to open another register to get those of us who were waiting through the lines quicker. (Did I mention that we were in line for about an hour?!?) While we waited, we noticed a lot of disturbing things about how that HD is run.

The customer in front of us was there to special order something from the Garden department. The CR rep needed to contact someone at Garden for some information. She called on the phone, but no one answered her phone. So, she called the Asst Mgr of the store. He also didn't answer his phone. However, he happened to walk by a few minutes later. You'd think he'd walk over to Garden to find out what in the devil was going on. I guess that was too much to ask, because all he did was call Garden. When - DUH! - no one answered, he threw his hands in the air and said he didn't think he could do anything about it. (Hey, manager dude! I'VE got an idea! How about WALKING over there and grabbing the person off the floor and detaining them into their office and suggest that if they don't do something as simple as answer the phone that they could lose their jobs?!?)

So, the end result was that we had to wait behind these people for our turn. Lucky us! <eyeroll>

At this point, DS was growing impatient, so I took him to our car and waited out there for DH to finish up. Incidentally, there's also a creepy CR rep who was hanging around who always asks us if he can hold DS. WTH?!? More motivation to leave already. The rest fo the story I got from DH after he got to the car.

When it came to our turn, there were a few pertinent numbers apparently missing from the form. (Remember how we flagged a dept associate to double-check the form so that this wouldn't happen?!?) She didn't know what number belonged there, so she tried to call someone. THEY didn't answer their phones either, so she ended up just entering zeros.

Eventually, DH got all finished with his order. He didn't reem them a new one, but when the CR rep said that his gift card was used up and that it would be delivered directly to our house so we didn't have to go there again, DH said "Thank God!" under his breath. She seemed surprised at his frustration and just said, "Sorry."

Total time at Home Depot: 2 hours.
    Total number of items purchased: 1

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972 Guest

DH wasn't in much of a mood to go out anywhere today, but I wanted to go out for lunch, so we did. Afterwards, we decided to stop by Home Depot (store #4105) to use up a gift card and purchase a house number plaque. (We get a lot of comments that our house numbers aren't visible enough from the street, and we're trying to rectify that.) So, we stopped for what was supposed to be a "quick trip" since we only needed one thing. Unfortunately, the trip was anything but quick!

We found the order forms for the house numbers, no problem, and filled them out. The sign says to find an associate to enter the info into the computer. The idea is that the associate then hands you the invoice which you bring to the checkout. I guess we got the guy who doesn't know how to do his job because he said, "Oh! You can bring this to customer service." All he did was double-check that we had everything filled out properly, but he didn't appear to know much better than I did. Uh, thanks. <eyeroll> From there, the fun begins.

At the customer service desk, there were two registers, but both of them had "customer service" reps who were helping other customers. That wouldn't have been a problem, since I'm usually happy to wait my turn, but not once did another manager come around and offer to open another register to get those of us who were waiting through the lines quicker. (Did I mention that we were in line for about an hour?!?) While we waited, we noticed a lot of disturbing things about how that HD is run.

The customer in front of us was there to special order something from the Garden department. The CR rep needed to contact someone at Garden for some information. She called on the phone, but no one answered her phone. So, she called the Asst Mgr of the store. He also didn't answer his phone. However, he happened to walk by a few minutes later. You'd think he'd walk over to Garden to find out what in the devil was going on. I guess that was too much to ask, because all he did was call Garden. When - DUH! - no one answered, he threw his hands in the air and said he didn't think he could do anything about it. (Hey, manager dude! I'VE got an idea! How about WALKING over there and grabbing the person off the floor and detaining them into their office and suggest that if they don't do something as simple as answer the phone that they could lose their jobs?!?)

So, the end result was that we had to wait behind these people for our turn. Lucky us! <eyeroll>

At this point, DS was growing impatient, so I took him to our car and waited out there for DH to finish up. Incidentally, there's also a creepy CR rep who was hanging around who always asks us if he can hold DS. WTH?!? More motivation to leave already. The rest fo the story I got from DH after he got to the car.

When it came to our turn, there were a few pertinent numbers apparently missing from the form. (Remember how we flagged a dept associate to double-check the form so that this wouldn't happen?!?) She didn't know what number belonged there, so she tried to call someone. THEY didn't answer their phones either, so she ended up just entering zeros.

Eventually, DH got all finished with his order. He didn't reem them a new one, but when the CR rep said that his gift card was used up and that it would be delivered directly to our house so we didn't have to go there again, DH said "Thank God!" under his breath. She seemed surprised at his frustration and just said, "Sorry."

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972 Guest

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972 Guest

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972 Guest

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972 Guest

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972 Guest

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972 Guest

Unbelievable!!!

cmdunn1972 Guest

Unbelievable!!!

Default RE: I will never go to Home Depot again! (sorry it's so long)

Unfortunately this doesn't suprise me. I worked at HD for a year after we married and it was crazy. They don't schedule enough people to cover the customers in the store, managers refuse to do anything to help associates, and customers often leave mad. I have a friend that still works there at the service desk. Most nights she works she is alone at the desk with 4 phones. Since customers can't find anyone to help in their department, they go to her desk. I don't know how she keeps from crying at work.

HD is a terrible company. They are trying to maximize profits by understaffing, but the result is grumpy staff and fewer customers. We don't even bother going in anymore.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here!

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast