Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    dr mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Brittney Spears has nothing on me

The ski door is an itty bitty flap that opens from the trunk into the backseat so that skis and poles can be laid in the trunk, but protruding partway into the car. It is NOT big enough to crawl through, although I did certainly give it my best effort. ;)

All was well in the end, we made it to Hawaii (albeit late at night and in the pouring rain) and it was the best vacation ever.
    Cindy, Mommy to DS 2/04 and DS 2/08

Oh Tracy, you're a great mom, it was just an accident!! At least you'll probably never do it again!

This will make you feel much better...when Julia was 8 months old she fell off of a high surface that I put her on...and broke her femur!! I sat her on the dryer and was holding her while putting her jacket on, prior to going out through the garage. I then reached for my own jacket, and lost of hold of her accidentally for a split second. It was HORRIBLE!! I'm actually having flashbacks as I write this. It looked like her head hit the floor first and I was convinced she was going to have a brain injury from it. So we took her to the ER and the head CT was negative, thank goodness. But the next morning I noticed she was crying every time I moved her leg to change her diaper. Sure enough, she had a fractured distal femur and had to be casted for two weeks.

Once she was casted it didn't phase her. She would sit happily and bang toys on her cast.

So pass your worst mommy of the year award right on over to me, because unfortunately I won it. :(

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Oh Tracy, you're a great mom, it was just an accident!! At least you'll probably never do it again!

This will make you feel much better...when Julia was 8 months old she fell off of a high surface that I put her on...and broke her femur!! I sat her on the dryer and was holding her while putting her jacket on, prior to going out through the garage. I then reached for my own jacket, and lost of hold of her accidentally for a split second. It was HORRIBLE!! I'm actually having flashbacks as I write this. It looked like her head hit the floor first and I was convinced she was going to have a brain injury from it. So we took her to the ER and the head CT was negative, thank goodness. But the next morning I noticed she was crying every time I moved her leg to change her diaper. Sure enough, she had a fractured distal femur and had to be casted for two weeks.

Once she was casted it didn't phase her. She would sit happily and bang toys on her cast.

So pass your worst mommy of the year award right on over to me, because unfortunately I won it. :(

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Marcy
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18