Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Brittney Spears has nothing on me

If there was an award for the worst mother ever I'd win hands down. Yesterday, I had to run an errand for work and took my 10 month old son with me. Long story short, I went to the wrong building and had to get back in the car to go to another location. Just as I was putting DS in his carseat I got a call on my cell phone from my sister. As I was explaining the situation to her, I finished buckling him in and closed the car door. Just as the door closed I reached for the handle to open it again since I left the keys at the foot of the car seat. Yes, you guessed it. Click. DS had already grabbed them, pushed the button and locked the door.

After seeing me crying hysterically, the receptionist in the office realized what happened and immediately called 911. Needless to say, they did get him out after breaking a window. Although he was perfectly ok during the whole ordeal (he just sat chewing on my keys and smiling at the twenty or so people staring at him through the window), I was a wreck. I felt like the worst mother that ever lived. I thought sure that the police would report me to CFS.

Besides feeling completely helpless and distraught over the whole ordeal, I was worried about what DH would say. He is so protective of DS that sometimes he makes me feel as if I'm neglecting our child. I know he doesn't mean to, but he sometimes questions my decisions. Up to yesterday, I felt he had no right to do this, but now I feel that he may be right. That I may not be taking care of DS as I should.

If I were Brittney Spears, I'd be all over the news today. Oops, she did it again.

TWWM,
    Tracy

If there was an award for the worst mother ever I'd win hands down. Yesterday, I had to run an errand for work and took my 10 month old son with me. Long story short, I went to the wrong building and had to get back in the car to go to another location. Just as I was putting DS in his carseat I got a call on my cell phone from my sister. As I was explaining the situation to her, I finished buckling him in and closed the car door. Just as the door closed I reached for the handle to open it again since I left the keys at the foot of the car seat. Yes, you guessed it. Click. DS had already grabbed them, pushed the button and locked the door.

After seeing me crying hysterically, the receptionist in the office realized what happened and immediately called 911. Needless to say, they did get him out after breaking a window. Although he was perfectly ok during the whole ordeal (he just sat chewing on my keys and smiling at the twenty or so people staring at him through the window), I was a wreck. I felt like the worst mother that ever lived. I thought sure that the police would report me to CFS.

Besides feeling completely helpless and distraught over the whole ordeal, I was worried about what DH would say. He is so protective of DS that sometimes he makes me feel as if I'm neglecting our child. I know he doesn't mean to, but he sometimes questions my decisions. Up to yesterday, I felt he had no right to do this, but now I feel that he may be right. That I may not be taking care of DS as I should.

If I were Brittney Spears, I'd be all over the news today. Oops, she did it again.

TWWM,
    Tracy

TWWM,
    Tracy

TWWM,
    Tracy

TWWM,
    Tracy

TWWM,
    Tracy

TWWM,
    Tracy

TWWM,
    Tracy

TWWM,
    Tracy

Default RE: Brittney Spears has nothing on me

Don't feel like a bad mom. It could happen to ANYONE. (One second of "mommy brain" is all it takes.) It must have been scary because he was in a potentially dangerous situation, but thank God he's ok. Count your blessings and continue being the great mom you are.
    Alicia
    Mama to four amazing children.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast