Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Default RE: Brittney Spears has nothing on me

I can totally understand your distress. But rest assured, you did nothing to put your son in harm's way and there is no reason why anyone, including your DH, should question your decisions when it comes to your son's safety. Your distress alone assures me that your son's safety and well being are foremost in your thoughts. Things like this happen to everyone. You did not purposefully do anything to endanger your son and you never left him alone. I am confident that if it was necessary, you would have broken that car window yourself to get your son out if he was in any real danger.
    This will make a good story in about a week or two - after the car window is repaired and you can look back and laugh at the whole thing. For now, you, your son and your husband should chalk it up to experience, give your son a big hug and get a nice big chain to hang your keys around your neck. :)

I can totally understand your distress. But rest assured, you did nothing to put your son in harm's way and there is no reason why anyone, including your DH, should question your decisions when it comes to your son's safety. Your distress alone assures me that your son's safety and well being are foremost in your thoughts. Things like this happen to everyone. You did not purposefully do anything to endanger your son and you never left him alone. I am confident that if it was necessary, you would have broken that car window yourself to get your son out if he was in any real danger.
    This will make a good story in about a week or two - after the car window is repaired and you can look back and laugh at the whole thing. For now, you, your son and your husband should chalk it up to experience, give your son a big hug and get a nice big chain to hang your keys around your neck. :)

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hugs, that is really stressful sounding. I am glad that it was over relativly fast. they are not going to report you to CFS- they save that for the people that do it intentionally for long periods or the bozos that won't let them break the window because they are worried about the car. grrrrrr ;)

You have my sympathy. I know that it does not make you are bad parent AT ALL. On the bright side you are not prone to doing this! My husband is a great father and the pop-a-lock person that our roadside assistance sends knows him by name. LOL. Only by the grace of the parenting gods did he manage to get through Toby's babyhood without locking him in the car, however once he did lock himself and toby out of the car and the diapers in the car and they had to wait for the locksmith in a very stinky diaper :(. As it his, he did lock him in the car a few weeks ago but toby is old enough to reach the door lock and understand that he needs to open it NOW. LOL. J's big problem is locking his keys in the trunk. He has done this 2-4 times per year since we bought the car 4 years ago. GULP.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Hugs, that is really stressful sounding. I am glad that it was over relativly fast. they are not going to report you to CFS- they save that for the people that do it intentionally for long periods or the bozos that won't let them break the window because they are worried about the car. grrrrrr ;)

You have my sympathy. I know that it does not make you are bad parent AT ALL. On the bright side you are not prone to doing this! My husband is a great father and the pop-a-lock person that our roadside assistance sends knows him by name. LOL. Only by the grace of the parenting gods did he manage to get through Toby's babyhood without locking him in the car, however once he did lock himself and toby out of the car and the diapers in the car and they had to wait for the locksmith in a very stinky diaper :(. As it his, he did lock him in the car a few weeks ago but toby is old enough to reach the door lock and understand that he needs to open it NOW. LOL. J's big problem is locking his keys in the trunk. He has done this 2-4 times per year since we bought the car 4 years ago. GULP.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast