Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Emmas Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Is it wrong to wish someone would die?

I'll ask her. Or maybe some adult day care so she can get out of the house & around others her own age. I don't know. She's 92 years old & she's just the type of person to hang on for another 10 years just to spite everyone.
    ~Kristine
    ~My two angels: Blue-eyed beauty 8/03, Blondie 1/06
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR
    EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES....DO YOUR SELF EXAMS LADIES!!!

I'll ask her. Or maybe some adult day care so she can get out of the house & around others her own age. I don't know. She's 92 years old & she's just the type of person to hang on for another 10 years just to spite everyone.
    ~Kristine
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR

~Kristine
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR

~Kristine
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR

~Kristine
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR

~Kristine
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR

~Kristine
    ~Breast Cancer SURVIVOR

I am sorry you had to go through that, it would be awful. But based on her age and what she is alleging, it really sounds like she has dementia, Alzheimers or some form of mental illness. These sorts of accusations are pretty typical of different mental illnesses. If she was into conspiracy theories before her advanced age set in, then I would think she's probably had some sort of long term mental illness versus just being mean or getting an age related illness.

But, no matter what the reason, I am really sorry you are going through this and if she continues this, you have to protect your family and child and have the in-laws look into some other long term care option for her. Try not to view the accusations as accusations, but rather symptoms of something going seriously wrong with her mental state. I hope your in-laws are understanding and understand that the Nana has something seriously wrong. Hang in there, you should get a huge thank you for taking in all these house guests too!

Kimberly

I am sorry you had to go through that, it would be awful. But based on her age and what she is alleging, it really sounds like she has dementia, Alzheimers or some form of mental illness. These sorts of accusations are pretty typical of different mental illnesses. If she was into conspiracy theories before her advanced age set in, then I would think she's probably had some sort of long term mental illness versus just being mean or getting an age related illness.

But, no matter what the reason, I am really sorry you are going through this and if she continues this, you have to protect your family and child and have the in-laws look into some other long term care option for her. Try not to view the accusations as accusations, but rather symptoms of something going seriously wrong with her mental state. I hope your in-laws are understanding and understand that the Nana has something seriously wrong. Hang in there, you should get a huge thank you for taking in all these house guests too!

Kimberly

Kimberly

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast