Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Default RE: A petty gripe, but a question from it

I know what you mean. I am the kind of person who gets run over by other people and then wish I would have said something. I obsess about what I should have said and didn't. I hate that. I ONCE confronted a clerk at a TJ Maxx who was being very rude and she seemed to be very surprised at my reaction (like she knew that I was the kind of person who would take her abuse). Anyway, no advice here. Just know that you are not alone :)

I know what you mean. I am the kind of person who gets run over by other people and then wish I would have said something. I obsess about what I should have said and didn't. I hate that. I ONCE confronted a clerk at a TJ Maxx who was being very rude and she seemed to be very surprised at my reaction (like she knew that I was the kind of person who would take her abuse). Anyway, no advice here. Just know that you are not alone :)

On the second "We don't sell that" I probably would have said, "I'd like to speak to the manager."

Of course, I actually went back into a restaurant to complain to the manager the other day! (DH and I had been taking turns walking outside with DS while we waited, waited and waited for our food that did not come. I don't think DH is assertive enough in complaining so. . . .)

But, I really don't think asking for the manager is being particularly confrontational.

On the second "We don't sell that" I probably would have said, "I'd like to speak to the manager."

Of course, I actually went back into a restaurant to complain to the manager the other day! (DH and I had been taking turns walking outside with DS while we waited, waited and waited for our food that did not come. I don't think DH is assertive enough in complaining so. . . .)

But, I really don't think asking for the manager is being particularly confrontational.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast