Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: A petty gripe, but a question from it

If you can recall the counter person's name, I suggest contacting the store manager to inform them that this person is unfamiliar with the deli stock and rude. Even though it is several days later, this person probably behaves in this same manner all the time.

As for a script, I think you did quite well specifically pointing out the labels of the items you were interested in. I understand your desire to be non-aggressive, but sometimes people just need a bit of prodding to be reminded they are being a donkey.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

If you can recall the counter person's name, I suggest contacting the store manager to inform them that this person is unfamiliar with the deli stock and rude. Even though it is several days later, this person probably behaves in this same manner all the time.

As for a script, I think you did quite well specifically pointing out the labels of the items you were interested in. I understand your desire to be non-aggressive, but sometimes people just need a bit of prodding to be reminded they are being a donkey.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't have a script for you, I think you did the best you could under the circumstances, after all, you did end up with what you wanted, right?

I second Erica's suggestion to contact the store manager. I used to work at a grocery store, and customer comments always got back to the employee. Hopefully she'll get the point, or she'll get fired and you won't have to deal with her again.
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't have a script for you, I think you did the best you could under the circumstances, after all, you did end up with what you wanted, right?

I second Erica's suggestion to contact the store manager. I used to work at a grocery store, and customer comments always got back to the employee. Hopefully she'll get the point, or she'll get fired and you won't have to deal with her again.
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast