Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Love or Hate your IL's?

Well, my in-laws have been here for about a month and a half, so I try to get along with them, they are sweet people, but I have lost what little control I had of my life/house/whatever. They do take DS out without me, because they really good with him, and it gives me a break which I need, since he has hit the terrible 2s with a vengeance.

My mom who lives 45 minutes away only sees DS once or twice a month, so I'm glad the in-laws love hanging out with him.

Hope it gets better!

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

Well, my in-laws have been here for about a month and a half, so I try to get along with them, they are sweet people, but I have lost what little control I had of my life/house/whatever. They do take DS out without me, because they really good with him, and it gives me a break which I need, since he has hit the terrible 2s with a vengeance.

My mom who lives 45 minutes away only sees DS once or twice a month, so I'm glad the in-laws love hanging out with him.

Hope it gets better!

Kate

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

Hope it gets better!

Kate

Hope it gets better!

Kate

Hope it gets better!

Kate

Hope it gets better!

Kate

Hope it gets better!

Kate

Hope it gets better!

Kate

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think there's middle ground - I love my ILs, but they drive me crazy on so many levels. It's hard to figure out what you can live with and what you need to put your foot down about, and it's even harder to get that message across without offending...

On the flip side, I love my parents, but they drive me crazy on so many levels. My mom is queen of baby gear purchased at the dollar store or from flea markets (I had to put my foot down about the basinett that was held together with duct tape), and my Dad loved nothing more than to feed DS (at only a few weeks old) a fingerful of butter and sugar...

I take a lot of deep breaths to try and deal with both sets of grandparents...it's just a matter of picking the right battles (the ones you can win are the best kind to pick ;) )
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think there's middle ground - I love my ILs, but they drive me crazy on so many levels. It's hard to figure out what you can live with and what you need to put your foot down about, and it's even harder to get that message across without offending...

On the flip side, I love my parents, but they drive me crazy on so many levels. My mom is queen of baby gear purchased at the dollar store or from flea markets (I had to put my foot down about the basinett that was held together with duct tape), and my Dad loved nothing more than to feed DS (at only a few weeks old) a fingerful of butter and sugar...

I take a lot of deep breaths to try and deal with both sets of grandparents...it's just a matter of picking the right battles (the ones you can win are the best kind to pick ;) )
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast