Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default RE: "Are you having a baby..."

Reminds me of a rule a friend of mine has regarding the subject of commenting on a woman looking pregnant... "Don't say anything unless you actually see the baby being birthed."

jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Reminds me of a rule a friend of mine has regarding the subject of commenting on a woman looking pregnant... "Don't say anything unless you actually see the baby being birthed."

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

"I know she's old, but do you really lose all ability to filter your thoughts as you age?"

I think the answer, at least in her case, is "yes."

I know my grandmother said to a very close family friend "I've never seen a baby THAT FAT before." Now, my grandmother loved this person, and this baby and all babies very much. I think it was the filter-thing already gone.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

That makes me crazy too!

When did being old give people a lisense (sp?) to be rude. I have heard so many elderly people in the last few years say that they can say what they want b/c of their age. If you've live as long as they have, shouldn't you have a BETTER understanding of appropriate behavior?

IMO - rude behavior is rude behavior no matter how old you are.

pookee Guest

Wow - sounds like you live across the hall from my MIL. I feel your pain.

In some cases, this isn't a filter-gone-bad things with elderly people.... with my in-laws, I've found that they are rude in order to be controlling. They think they are helping by literally pointing to the specific areas that I've gained weight. I typically handle it by telling them that they are being rude and walking away... not the best reaction, but it's the best I can do without swearing at them. :)

Stay strong!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10