Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default "Are you having a baby..."

"...or are you just overweight?"

These words were spoken to me by my across-the-hall 80+ year old neighbor yesterday. I know she's old, but do you really lose all ability to filter your thoughts as you age? I'm trying not to be angry about it, but I just can't believe she asked me this.

When she saw the look on my face, she said "Oh, did that sound bad?" I said, "Well, it didn't exactly make my day."

And, no, I am not having a baby, that I am aware of.
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

These words were spoken to me by my across-the-hall 80+ year old neighbor yesterday. I know she's old, but do you really lose all ability to filter your thoughts as you age? I'm trying not to be angry about it, but I just can't believe she asked me this.

When she saw the look on my face, she said "Oh, did that sound bad?" I said, "Well, it didn't exactly make my day."

Deb

Deb

Deb

Deb

Deb

Deb

Deb

Deb

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: "Are you having a baby..."

Wow that's pretty rude. I was going to a concert once and the girl at security was checking this female concert go-er and then patted her belly and said oh are you pregnant and the girl said no. I saw the look on the face of both...to me if you are unsure just don't say anything at all. Some people have no common sense or manners for that manner.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast