Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Candice

Candice,

Are you still on lexapro? Were you on it for your pregnancy? My doctor wants to take me off in the third trimester because it could affect the baby. Believe me, I do NOT want to go off of it! And are you taking the lexapro with welbutrin?

I'm on the lexapro but my sex drive is non-existent. DH is searching for it with a flashlight and a map, but he's not having any luck. ;)
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

Default RE: Candice

CYE I PM'ed you.
    Candice
    WOHM to DS1 (6/04), DS2 (12/05), DD (2/09) and to our fur-st Sascha
    family blog: www.whatsupkahn.blogspot.com

Default RE: Candice

Thanks Candice. :)
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Mood swings, oh GLOORIOUUS mood swings.

No experience here, but I do want to mention that I've never been a hot sexy bunny. When you find a med that works, send some to me, as now I'm remember my fat ass, remmbering how all the crap I ate over the holidays only added to it's assiness, which depresses me, and now need whatever it is you end up smokin' . . .

mommyoftwo Guest

Default RE: Mood swings, oh GLOORIOUUS mood swings.

Just wanted to add my two cents. First of all, I haven't had a really good sex drive in a REALLY long time. However, things are finally starting to get SO much better. It has taken five different med switches to find the magic combination, but I'm so much happier. In case you were wondering, it's Lexapro and Wellbutrin. I have been dealing with depression for many years and finally got help seven years ago. I had ppd after both girls but after Linnea is was so terrible that I absolutely could not function. I just wanted to curl up in a corner and die. All I did was cry non-stop. It was awful and I missed so much of the early days of Linnea's life. I was on wellbutrin during my pregnancy, but after delivery it didn't even begin to touch my depression. I tried, paxil, prozac, zoloft and finally lexapro. It was the lexapro that finally started to make a difference. The effect on my sex drive wasn't as bad but I still didn't have much desire. I added wellbutrin back in a couple of months ago and I'm like a new person. It's not perfect, but I'm actually having sex again. I could count on one hand the number of times that we had had sex in the last years since Linnea was born prior to that. Would I like things to continue to improve? Absolutely. Am I thrilled with the progress I've made? Absolutely. You NEED a medication switch. If you doctor doesn't want to do anything about it, run, don't walk to the next doctor. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it will get better. Please feel free to email or PM me if you want to talk more privately.

Default Can I just say

that I love how open people are on this board about emotional health issues & depression? In my circles, IRL these are things you just don't talk about.
    I recently started seeing a therapist & am feeling about a thousand times better. I didn't need meds, but I'm going for once/week talk therapy & uncovering some of my hidden issues. It's hard work, but after a couple of months, I am finally starting to see some results. I am a different person. I just hope this is sustainable.
    Thanks to ALL of the members here who bare their souls & encourage others to get help when needed. Your candidness & encouragement helped normalize the idea in my mind, until I made the decision to start therapy. This community definitely had a part in my decision.

Sheila, I don't mean to minimize your frustration by hijacking. Sounds like there's a major consensus here that things can be better & I sincerely hope they get there. You so have the power!
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

Default RE: Can I just say

Haha. Well, considering what's going on over in the Lounge right now, I guess this really wasn't too TMI. I love it here. :)

I've got the line on this one lady (I actually called LLL, and asked the leader if they knew of anybody that could help. So that's a great idea if anybody else is looking). She's a social worker and the person that gave me her name said she is awesome to talk to. She also works with a psychiatrist for the meds part.

When I tried telling the last one about it he was pretty much like well you need this and you just had a baby and you have a toddler, you don't have time for sex anyway. I was all "WHAT?" Sex is like jello, there's always room for it!

Thank you all so, so much for the kind words, hugs, and for sharing some your own story with me. I really do appreciate it more than you know. Reading your replies makes me feel better and not so alone. I try to joke about it, but somedays I really do feel like I'm crazy, you know, broken somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2