Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: "Oh, you're so big/small for 6 months"...SHUT UP!!!

I think you're supposed to not beat around the bush sometimes... how's .... "Wow, you're NOSY!" LOL.

Or, you know, you're looking bigger too! Glad I have some company!

Of course, that's just said in my head, not IRL! But maybe if I get pregnant again, I will unleash it on someone.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

You and I must be having the same pregnancy. I'm 35 weeks and if another family member/friend says "you are too small, don't you eat enough?" I will barf. On them. Esp. MIL. (oops).

Yes I eat enough, yes Dr. says baby is on target (even good size), yes I take my vitamins, yes I have gained 30 lbs, yes I have swollen ankles.

Just b/c I haven't gained 70 lbs doesn't mean I don't have a normal healthy pregnancy.

I TOTALLY get it!!!! Sorry people say dumb things!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

All right, I have one. When I was pg with Matt, we had to go to Scott's grandfather's funeral. I was only 5 months pg at the time. At the funeral, some woman I've never met told me that it looked like I was carrying a watermelon.

She's damn lucky she was elderly because I was about to hit her. Scott tried to make me feel better by saying it was a complement. I didn't buy it for one second. It still makes my blood pressure rise.
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

Wanna hear a good one? Some guy at the coffee shop I go to every day asked me yesterday if I had the baby already? Um no dum-dum that's what is still sticking out from under my shirt. Plus do you see me carrying a baby?

I suppose since he's a guy I'll let him off the hook, lol.
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

jk3 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Yet another reason why I reply "soon" when people ask when I'm due. I've heard that I'm "enormous" and carrying small. People should never comment on anyone's size, pregnant or not, but it seems like pregnancy is an open invitation for people to make comments w/o thinking first.

Jenn
    DS 6/03
    & cautiously expecting in May!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3