Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Big bitch about toys r us!!

Thanks for the heads-up, especially as we'll be looking for a trike for E this spring.

Yet another reason to avoid TRU. Boy do I dislike them!
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

mom2one is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Add me to the list of people who hate TRU. The manager could care less that I complained. I told him I was contacting corporate, he said go right ahead and walked away. I called corporate, and they would not do anything about it either. TRU is a company that has NO customer service and does not care about the people that shop there. I told the service clerk, the manager and corporate that I would not shop at their stores again, and I mean it. I think WE (the shoppers) of america should put them TRU out of business. I now shop at Targer, walmart, the independent toy store, etc. They don't want my business, fine. I will give it to someone else who does and who cares about me the consumer. Susan

Thanks for posting this. Losing a customer for $10 is crazy. I think hearing your story and others reafirms many of our decisions to avoid TRU. Not the best business decision for them.

On a happier note -- I hope your daughter enjoys her bike. I remember my first bike, what fun!!

AddiesMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Good luck getting the $10! Don't back down! Their customer service number sucks in my last 2 experiences. I called because I didn't get a BRU flyer in the mail that had a $10 off stroller coupon and they would do nothing for me. I used to work at a home office for a retail chain and I would have had a coupon in the mail that day! It is amazing that something so little would make me a happy customer but instead they would rather tick me off.

One time I did win with them, basically I refused to hang up until I got what I wanted. They advertised the Baby Leap Pad on sale and it came with an additional puzzle in the box, exclusive to TRU. I open the box and there is also a coupon inside for a free carrying case that expired 2 years ago!!! WTF! You advertise this special "exclusive to TRU" product and the coupon inside expired 2 years ago! So how long was this special version of leap pad sitting around your warehouse? It took me about an half and hour of bitching on the phone but eventually I got a carrying case that I could pick up from my local store.
    - Michelle

Addison 11/9/05

Go Red Sox!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2