Default yes sis, i know your son is a little buddha and mine's starving.

My sisters son is only 9 months old and wears a size 18 months,I haven't a clue what percentile he's in for weight. My ds is 18 mos old and gasp, wears a size 18 mo. Yes, he's in the 10th percentile for weight. He's been there since he was 6 months old,it's not abnormal,he's fine.

yes I feed ds kraft macaroni and cheese, yes I admit I bought Ball Park Franks the other day at the grocery store because they were buy one get one free and I actually fed them to my kids.Guess what sis, the kids chowed, DD didn't complain once about her dinner and she ate the WHOLE freaking hot dog and bun and asked for seconds on the macncheese. She never does that. Ds actually cleaned his place.

Please sis, try to understand that I have 2 children who are very thin,very picky eaters and sometimes I just have to feed them what they'll eat. It's not like I fed them fruit snacks and ice cream for dinner.

I'm very glad that you can stay home with your ds. I didn't get to start staying home till dd was 2.You've been home with your ds since he was born. I'm very glad that you feed your son nothing but healthy food. But did you have to say "We don't feed him any of THAT kind of food,he only eats healthy food." WTH!!! Oh,so suddenly i'm the bad parent-get a grip. GRRRR. She drives me crazy and now they're moving home in a couple of months.
    DD1 11/02
    DS 11/05
    and
    DD2 2/09

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: yes sis, i know your son is a little buddha and mine's starving.

Wait, her son is nine months old? Is that her only child? Of course she is feeding him heathly food. He isn't even a year old. It was easy at that stage. It will catch up to her. Just wait. Then you can be bad parents together. ;)
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yep, I think most of us can boast that our children at 9 months old had only eaten healthy food. It is so easy then. And then they get older and shockingly develop opinions about what they want to eat! Hopefully she will apologize someday when she realizes how thigns change!
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

ITA with the PPs that before a year it is easy to feed your kids "wholesome" food!

The plus side to this may be that you can get your nephew's handmedown clothes for your son....
    Jen, mom to
    Elliot (8/2/05) and
    Lexi (5/19/07)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." --John Lennon

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with the PP's. Just wait, she'll get hers! I know I used to say DD would only eat super healthy, homemade, blah blah. The other day I actually got so excited she was eating a chicken nugget I took a picture to show daddy! How things change....
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

My 2 year old is in the 10th percentile and only eats what he wants (ie McDonalds, Kraft Mac n Cheese) and I'm happy to feed it to him. For the first year he only ate organic stuff but now anything he's willing to eat is feed to him. By the way, my ped. said they use to worry about the skinny babies, now they worry about the fat ones, growing up to type 2 diabetes, lifelong obesity, etc. I have a skinny skinny guy and I am proud. I know he will be healthier in the long run. (PS MIL is the one who is always nagging me about ds weight, we all have someone who does.) Keep doing your best, that's all you can do!!!
    Sarah

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS was in 18 month clothes at 9 months. He was about 90th percentile and 22lbs. He is now 3 years and a whopping 32lbs. He's skinny. What will she think if her DS does that??

DD is like yours and is in the 5th percentile now. She eats tons of food!
    Kris

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Horrors! I hate to know what she'd think of my DS, who is 25th percentile in weight at 20 months, and just starting to actually fit into 12-18 month clothes. Of course, the pants are WAY too short for him, but that's not an issue with it being summer with shorts & all. I agree with PPs. She'll learn once her son hits 12-15 months old and starts to say "NO!"
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

You know, I used to be judgemental about what I thought were important parts of parenting. I then realized everyone has priorities and opinions about how their life should go. One person's molehill is another's mountain and vice versa.

I'm sure as she's matures she'll change her outlook. At the very *least* she'll get a clue about speaking her mind in a rude manner. I've learned over the years that it's not my place to say how/what one should feed their kids unless I'm asked. You know what? I'm very rarely asked. :P

FYI, my dd and ds are 22M apart and right now are only 3.5# apart in weight. DS will be surpassing her very soon. They've each had their food intake levels since birth. I actually prefer the low-volume eater. I don't have to fix multiples of meals for her. :P

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url] http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

I love them most when they are sleeping.--Me
    http://b4.lilypie.com/HSUwm4.png
    http://b2.lilypie.com/UgAXm5.png