Default My Mom left to go back home & I'm sad!

Must be the pp hormones, but I can't stop crying.

I had a horrible c-section & my Mom flew out from Georgia to help. Dhe was here 4 1/2 weeks.

I miss her! We live in CA & I have NO family here. I want to move closer & I know DH won't go 4 it.
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: My Mom left to go back home & I'm sad!

Oh, lots of hugs! I know exactly how you feel. And I'm so sorry about the C-section. I remember reading about your experience on a couple of your posts. Are you healing up any better now?

My mom spent just 7 days with me and my first baby and it was wonderful. She died 2 months before DS2 was born. MIL was NOT a good substitute.

As for the hormones, they'll calm down. Just keep telling yourself "it's just hormones, it's just hormones." Postpartum i was so hormonal I'd cry if I found mold on my bread. Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I cried like a baby when my mom left after DS was born. She didn't even make it out the door and I was sobbing, then she forgot something and had to come back in. It was awful!

It will get better. You'll get into a groove soon and hopefully you'll be feeling well enough to get out and join the real world again.

Hugs to you!

Thank you-I'm better. I just wish DH would "see the light" & move to where we have grandparents. Ugh!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

hugs and take care of yourself! That's great that she was able to be there for you
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. We have no family where we live in So Cal too. My mom came for two weeks after our DD was born in Jan. and it was wonderful! We had never gotten along so well before.

It's sad that our DD doesn't have grandparents close by, but my mom & dad try to visit often and we're actually visiting them this weekend in Arizona. I wish they'd move closer to us. Things will get better though. You'll get into a groove where you are and someday you might think you'll never be able to leave where you are now because you'll have so many family firsts. Take care.

Amanda

Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

((((hugs)))) It'll get better!
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old