Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: MY STROLLER WAS STOLEN!!

That's a good idea. My card used to offer 1 year theft/damage insurance on purchases.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

File a police report and don't lose hope!! I say this because a few years ago our boat was broken into and they stole the stereo and face plate (which DH stupidly stored in the unlocked glove box of the boat). We called the police and they said not to get our hopes up.

Well, a couple of months later, they found it!! Some teenage kids had stolen it and resold it for drug money. One of their friends was driving around with it in their car. We got it back and it still works great. It probably wasn't even worth $500.

So, don't lose hope!!

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh, that's just horrible. I really hope the police find it.

http://b2.lilypie.com/LwDDm4/.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/SreFm4/.png

Definitely call your credit card company. I am a loyal Citibank card member now because they replaced my brand new P3 after DH ran over it with his car. I really didn't think they would do that since it was our fault, but they just had me send them pictures and then gave me the credit. If you have a police report number, I'm sure they'll cover it!
    Keep us posted!
    JP

rachelh is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Finally nudged my husband enough to call the credit card company and guess what...THEY ONLY COVER THEFT FOR 90 DAYS FROM THE PURCHASE!:(

Guess I will try calling the manufacturer tomorrow (as a PP mentioned) and just beg.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Rachel

So sorry. :(
    Maybe be sneaky/pro-active and post a "Wanted" ad on craigslist that doesn't divulge that your stroller was stolen. If the robber is dumb enough to respond to your ad, you can have the police waiting there with you. ;)
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07
    "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Smart idea!
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Smart idea!
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

I had a stroller stolen and posted about it in the stroller forum a few years ago. My situation was different - it was a gigantic antique pram stolen from under my nose while DD and I were in the bathroom and I was pretty sure some nearby kids had literally run off with it. I put up signs in the neighborhood, went looking in bushes and some creeks... and a month later got a call from a couple who found it abandoned in their apartment dumpster, relatively unscathed.

If you think it's possible someone took it and later dumped it, I'd try some neighborhood signs.

I'm so sorry. AS someone told me, bad karma always comes to thieves.

Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

I had a stroller stolen and posted about it in the stroller forum a few years ago. My situation was different - it was a gigantic antique pram stolen from under my nose while DD and I were in the bathroom and I was pretty sure some nearby kids had literally run off with it. I put up signs in the neighborhood, went looking in bushes and some creeks... and a month later got a call from a couple who found it abandoned in their apartment dumpster, relatively unscathed.

If you think it's possible someone took it and later dumped it, I'd try some neighborhood signs.

I'm so sorry. AS someone told me, bad karma always comes to thieves.

Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast