gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default TGIM!!! It is time for you to go back to work, dear.

Am I the only one whose husband thinks that weekends are WOO HOO TIME FOR ANYTHING GOES?? I was particularly tired this weekend and needed to lay down several times. Of course, when the I'm away, the kids will play. This morning I realize that DH let the kids eat and drink on the sofa, didn't make them pick up their toys, left his messy newspaper all over the table, left the dinner dishes on top of the stove to be scrubbed out, and didn't clean up food off the floor that the kids dropped (DS wanted to eat some off the floor today). But I can't yell at him (according to him) because at least he made dinner and prevented the kids from bothering me while I was napping.

Now, during my career days, I would have been fired for doing a half-as*ed job. And I know he doesn't do shoddy work at his office, so what gives? I know for a fact he spent most of his time surfing on his laptop while he let the kids go crazy running around and watching God-knows-what on TV.

Ugh!! When am I going to have these babies already????
    Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!

Default TGIM!!! It is time for you to go back to work, dear.

Am I the only one whose husband thinks that weekends are WOO HOO TIME FOR ANYTHING GOES?? I was particularly tired this weekend and needed to lay down several times. Of course, when the I'm away, the kids will play. This morning I realize that DH let the kids eat and drink on the sofa, didn't make them pick up their toys, left his messy newspaper all over the table, left the dinner dishes on top of the stove to be scrubbed out, and didn't clean up food off the floor that the kids dropped (DS wanted to eat some off the floor today). But I can't yell at him (according to him) because at least he made dinner and prevented the kids from bothering me while I was napping.

Now, during my career days, I would have been fired for doing a half-as*ed job. And I know he doesn't do shoddy work at his office, so what gives? I know for a fact he spent most of his time surfing on his laptop while he let the kids go crazy running around and watching God-knows-what on TV.

Ugh!! When am I going to have these babies already????
    Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005

Lovingliv is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: TGIM!!! It is time for you to go back to work, dear.

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry.

Was this by chance on Saturday? Perhaps he was planning on making the mess on Saturday and cleaning up on Sunday?

Or, maybe he is hiring a cleaning lady for you for a while?

I may just leave the house EXACTLY like it is....and when he gets sick of it, he will clean it up.

You need to relax,,,,especially now that the contractions are starting...they are getting stronger,no?
    Big hugs to you....and don't wish those babies here too soon. He still has a lot of nesting to do for you!!!

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry.

Was this by chance on Saturday? Perhaps he was planning on making the mess on Saturday and cleaning up on Sunday?

Or, maybe he is hiring a cleaning lady for you for a while?

I may just leave the house EXACTLY like it is....and when he gets sick of it, he will clean it up.

You need to relax,,,,especially now that the contractions are starting...they are getting stronger,no?
    Big hugs to you....and don't wish those babies here too soon. He still has a lot of nesting to do for you!!!

You are soooo nice. Way too nice in fact. No, he didn't leave the mess on Saturday. He left it Sunday afternoon. And we have a cleaning service that comes every 2 weeks. The next cleaning isn't for another week (and he is very aware of that fact). I got tired of the mess so I finally cleaned it up.

I've been trying to relax when I can and when I really need to. That's why I get so mad when he leaves a mess for me to clean up. Because he knows I need to rest too. Thank GOD I haven't had any contractions yet. I"m only 6 months pregnant!!!

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005

You are soooo nice. Way too nice in fact. No, he didn't leave the mess on Saturday. He left it Sunday afternoon. And we have a cleaning service that comes every 2 weeks. The next cleaning isn't for another week (and he is very aware of that fact). I got tired of the mess so I finally cleaned it up.

I've been trying to relax when I can and when I really need to. That's why I get so mad when he leaves a mess for me to clean up. Because he knows I need to rest too. Thank GOD I haven't had any contractions yet. I"m only 6 months pregnant!!!

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005

Yes Lisa....thank-god you have had no contractions. It seems like you have been preggo a lot longer!!!!
    God bless you...he is one lucky man. I would be calling the cleaning service and increasing it to 1 x weekly!
    I hope you are feeling good...and try to fake a headache once in a while! You may get an extra nap out of it!!!!!

Yes Lisa....thank-god you have had no contractions. It seems like you have been preggo a lot longer!!!!
    God bless you...he is one lucky man. I would be calling the cleaning service and increasing it to 1 x weekly!
    I hope you are feeling good...and try to fake a headache once in a while! You may get an extra nap out of it!!!!!