Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Well they havent been recalled

Do you just HATE when you tell someone something that "could" affect their child For example I have been sharing the Fields post about no longer recommending bottles containing BPA
    and the response ....Im not getting rid of all my bottles if it was THAT bad the government would recall them.

COME ON PEOPLE if ther is a SLIGHT suggestion something is not good for my child or COULD become harmful I will no longer use it for my child

I could also give examples about 3 yr olds who it 40 lbs and the parents put them in a belted booster

I get ... well they are 40 lbs

Ok those are my bitches for the day I am way PMSing and ready for school to start

Please feel free to add your bitch of the day :)
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Well they havent been recalled

>....Im not getting rid of all my bottles if it was THAT bad the >government would recall them.

Yeah, right, because our government is SOOOO trustworthy.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just conscience-free, blissfully bury our head in the sand?

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!

I was thinking their head was buried some where else}(

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

MissyAg94 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

ITA with your bitches. I've given up trying with some people.

denna is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I get the same thing we I was recommending Playtex Nursers w/ Drop-Ins a few months ago over the dangers of BPA in Avent and no one wanted to listen. The same w/ extended RF'ing vs. turning your kid around at 20lbs (even if they are not 12mos). Some ppl just wont listen.
    Denna

Mama to THREE adorable kiddos

Mommy's KINDERGARTENER DS1 born Apr/2006 happily harnessed in his Frontier
    Mommy's belly baby DD born Jul/2009 content in her Boulevard
    Mommy's little hedgehog DS2 born May/2011; riding unhappily in his Chaperone

personal opinion here - not as a mod!

I saw that pinned topic in the Lounge, and honestly thought WTF. All the 'possible' warnings/threats are not going to do anybody any good if it's after the fact. Now I'm supposed to be all freaked out that I used Avent bottles for both of my kids??!

I guess that goes hand in hand with the advice I received about lowering my childrens' IQs by giving them formula instead of BM.

Yes, both 'suggestions' have pissed me off. You know what? You do the best you can do under the best of circumstances. I'm sure that all the cell phone use, microwave cooking, laptops on you lap will cause our collective demise to come so much earlier.

In the mean time, you can find me doing my ostrich impression over there in the sand.

HMPH.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'll share my similar bitch. When I was dropping DD off at preschool this morning I saw a baby that looked to be around 2 months old forward facing in an infant seat in the back seat of a truck. To make it even worse, the seat was angled so that the poor baby was almost upright and slumping against the straps. I walked over to admire the baby and offered to show her how to install the seat rearfacing. The mom just sort of waved it off and said that he liked to face forward. What the heck do you do in that situation? Call the police on her when she drives away? We are in a small town and I seriously doubt that the local police know anything about car seats, other than that babies need to be in one.

Jennifer
    Mommy to Annabelle 9/08/03 & Finn 10/31/05

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

ITA. I've wondered for a long time now about parents who have decided to base their parenting decisions on what their children want. Let's see, if I made my decisions based on what my kids want versus what's good for them:

my kids would both be ff
    they would eat chicken nuggets and ice cream for every meal
    they would never bathe
    they would go to bed at midnight
    they would never get a haircut

That mom who used the excuse that he likes to face forward just kills me. That's got to be the lamest excuse I"ve ever heard. And when he's a teen and wants to do drugs are you going to use the same excuse for that too???

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005

Default Well they havent been recalled

Do you just HATE when you tell someone something that "could" affect their child For example I have been sharing the Fields post about no longer recommending bottles containing BPA
    and the response ....Im not getting rid of all my bottles if it was THAT bad the government would recall them.

COME ON PEOPLE if ther is a SLIGHT suggestion something is not good for my child or COULD become harmful I will no longer use it for my child

I could also give examples about 3 yr olds who it 40 lbs and the parents put them in a belted booster

I get ... well they are 40 lbs

Ok those are my bitches for the day I am way PMSing and ready for school to start

Please feel free to add your bitch of the day :)

>....Im not getting rid of all my bottles if it was THAT bad the >government would recall them.

Yeah, right, because our government is SOOOO trustworthy.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just conscience-free, blissfully bury our head in the sand?

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast