Default Man, chicks are So high maintenance

Layla is really giving me a run for my money.

She is teething hard core. And while I'm sure she dosen't care (or even want to know 'cause I'm like, eeww, gross, her MOM), but there are other things I ike to use my boobs for. Unforch, I do believe she's trying to naw off my nips.

I can't make a MOVE without her wanting me. To be with me, to see me, to be held by me. She totally flips if I'm out of her eyeshot for a second. I don't think I'll get to go to the bathroom alone until sometime around 2020.

Now I think I'll go sniff that yummy baby smell and nibble that sweet baby pudge while I still can. I love her like crazy.

aa2mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Man, chicks are So high maintenance

My 6 month old DD sounds like Layla's clone. She's THISCLOSE to talking. I can almost make out "Love me, hold me, feed me, carry me all the lifelong day!"
    ~Heidi
    Mama to DS 12/03 & DD 2/07

aww Sheila! What a cute post but yeah, I can see how you would feel that way.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Totally hijacking your thread!

After the last few nights with DD I think I'd take nipple gnawing!

DD has turned into a crazy monster! Talk about high maintenance! She is basically crawling now, getting faster and more sure of it each day. Problem is I think her little mind is thinking about it so much she can't sleep! She also figured out how to sit herself up so that's not helping matters either. The past two nights she's pretty much been up every half hour or hour throughout the night! AHHHHHH!!!!! When I went in last night she was literally crawling around IN her crib, crying! It would've been cute and funny if it wasn't 1 in the morning!

She's also figuring out if she keeps crying long enough we'll just cave and bring her into our bed where she passes out in between us with her arms spread wide so she can touch both of us at the same time. I know, sweet and cute, except DH and I both woke up with sore shoulders today b/c we're afraid of rolling on her!

Ah, girls! I hope this phase passes quickly! I'm with you, though, I love her like crazy and know pretty soon I won't be able to cuddle her like I can, but if she'd just let me sleep for 2 hour straight I'd love her A LOT more!!!!!

At least my mom got her to take a bottle this weekend. I feel like a new woman!

Yep, and they just get even more needy as they get older. DD is 2.5yo now and all I hear ALL DAY is Mommmyyy...Mommmyyy...Mommmyyy in a whiny WHINY voice! Add the whining to absolutely everything - Milllk...Pick y up (as in pick me up)...Look Mommy...Run Mommy...Come here Mommy...No, Mommy...Mommy, Pick y up, look (as in pick me up so I can see what you are doing) - all of this in that high pitch whine that makes you want to pull your hair out!

I was wondering what all the complaints were about 2 since DD was doing great - until she hit 2.5 - now, I know!

Oh yeah, and I can't be out of her sight either. Screaming and crying if I should happen to get out of the car while DH is still in there with her. Maybe I'll come around to the other side and get you out if you could wait TWO SECONDS! I think we hit separation anxiety late in life as DD never really went through it when she was younger.

Like you, though, I love her like crazy and can't get enough of her!

>My 6 month old DD sounds like Layla's clone. She's
    >THISCLOSE to talking. I can almost make out "Love me, hold
    >me, feed me, carry me all the lifelong day!"

Hahah. Yeah, I think I can make that out too. Peyton calls me "mommie" but I can clearly hear Layla say "mama". Ah, when it comes out in a cry, it's like somebody reaches inside my chest and squeezes my heart.

Commiseration! Thanks guys. :) I hear ya. You know, the one thing I worry about is that I'm so tired and stuff that I hope I don't forget what this time was like. You know, that it'll go by in such a haze that I won't have real concrete memories of how it was.

Write it down! I have a blank journal that I just jot notes in with the date and her age. I wish I would have done more of it sooner (other than the usual first step, first word, etc.) I know friends with babies have asked me questions about when DD did something and I have no idea. Just write little short notes and you'll be glad for it later.

BTW, as I'm trying to type this, DD is grabbing the mouse and making the page scroll up and down at the speed of light, so sorry if this is full of typos - lol!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Well, you wouldn't be the first that that happened too, unfortunately.

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Can I just say, I love the way you talk. That is all . . .