Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Speaking up does make a difference

Thank you ladies for your support and sympathy. It means the world to me. I do plan on letting the daycare director know about this incident. Everybody I've mentioned it to IRL was shocked as well. But it does pay off to speak up. I had to pick up late (as in 7:30PM) again today and he was with a daycare provider, not security guard. Poor guy has been on his own since 6PM though so I felt horrible for the daycare provider that was stuck watching him but even more so for my little guy. DS was pretty bored without any other kids to play with. Tomorrow is a national holiday and a day off so most people are getting out of town. Not me... I can't wait until DH is back!

At least I liked the other daycare I saw this afternoon. It seems to provide a much more stimulating environment for the kids and people are sooo nice. Wish they had better facilities, namely larger rooms and bigger yard with more variety of toys. There is one more daycare that I need to see before settling on something. It's supposedly the best in town. Of course, it is the most expensive one in town and is pretty far from where we live, which means that we'd have to get an hour earlier to get DS there and than to the office on time. I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll really like it. Sacrifices we make for our children...
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

Default RE: Speaking up does make a difference

WTF? Oh Elena, that was seriously effed up. Your poor little man, had to hang with the security guard. Just plain wrong.

I'm glad you're gonna say something and looking for a better place.

A big hug from me. I hope things get easier for you real soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2