Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Please kill me! *2nd UPDATE on fricken-fracken house*

The deal fell through. She wanted a ridiculous amount of money for upgrades.

Yo! In case you didn't notice, the house is FORTY YEARS OLD. This is not Burger King--you can't just order up a side of amenities on my dime.

Stick a fork in me. I'm done.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    WOO-HOO!!!!

We sold it!!!

And, believe it or not, to one of the REALTORS who found the water in the crawl (which turned out to be clogged gutters, BTW). We split the difference on a god-awful lowball offer, but I'M FREEEEEE!!!!

And a 20-day close! No November double-mortgage!!!

Yippee!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just can't stand it anymore. Someone has GOT to buy my old house or I'm going to go bonkers. I wrote my second double-mortgage check today and I am just nauseous knowing that we won't get that money back when the house sells (see, I said "when", not "if"...wishful thinking...) My old house is totally perfect for a new or small family, and cute as all get-out. I know--I have the receipts to prove it:

$4000 for a new roof
    $4000 for a new boiler
    $8000 to install air conditioning (after all, this is the 21st century)
    $700 to paint the exterior
    $800 to paint the interior
    $600 for new lighting
    $1300 for new carpet
    $1000 for handyman repairs

AND I DON'T EVEN LIVE THERE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!

And, to make things worse, with all the rain we've been having in the Midwest, during the last two showings (two weeks apart, mind you) both of the agents showing the house have found water in the crawlspace. The *agents*!!! Can you say "nail in the coffin"?

I have tried positive thinking, I have tried envisioning being at a closing and getting a fat check, I have wasted my birthday wishes on selling this house, buried a St. Joseph statue (probably the wrong way), we have dropped the price twice... I am at my wits end. I know the housing market sucks terribly right now, believe me. But I am SO DONE WITH THIS!!!

*Sigh*

I'm done yelling about this now. I would like to self-medicate with Ben & Jerry's, but I'm on a diet. That sucks too.

Nicole, Mommy to Jackson 4/30/02

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default RE: Would someone PLEASE buy my fricken' fracken' house?!?!?

It is a stinky time to have your house on the market. Ours has been listed for a month and a half and our *second* showing was today. It's priced right, it's in good shape, etc. etc. There is just a TON of inventory and unfortunately the recent mortgage industry woes mean fewer qualified buyers.

It's a great time to be a first-time buyer (with good finances). It sucks to be a seller. :( Hang in there!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

http://bf.lilypie.com/r2Qhm4.png

Thanks! You too!!!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That really sucks. :( I am sorry.

It took us 7-8 months to sell our last house but luckily we lived with dh's parents while it was on the market. My ILs rock so it was not a problem at all. I couldn't imagine the stress of 2 mortgages. Ugh. I probably would have accepted the super crappy offer we got after 3-4 months just to be done. I was really losing hope. It did all fall into place one day and we even came out a smidgen ahead. Not much, mind you! At that point I so didn't care. We got our asking price and the people were willing to close in 30 days.

I hope that things go smoothly. It sounds like a great house and soon the right buyer will come along!

Beth

Yay for you! Unfortunately for us, we relocated out of state for DH's new job. Your situation is what I'm hoping for--close to asking price and a VERY short close.

Thanks for your good wishes!

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can so commiserate with you! 10 years ago DH and I bought a house in Arkansas and 10 days after closing, he was laid off. Several months later we put the house back on the market as DH had accepted a job offer in another state. We still own this house. :-(
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Holy cannoli! Ten *years*?!?!? I hope you think of it as your fabulous vacation home :).

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wish I could!
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I know the feeling, we're trying to sell also. I guess the one bright side is that you don't have to clean up everytime you have a showing :) I think the credit is so tight now, that people are having a harder time getting a mortgage and not able to stretch as much as they could before. We have gotten some REALLY low ball offers. I suspect any offer would be welcome for you at this point. I'm sorry, I know you get really, really sick of it going on for soooo long.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Since you relocated for DH's work, are they helping out at all?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast