Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which Household Chore Do You Despise The Most?

Just curious. I've been cleaning house today and I'm tired (of it and, just plain tired). I *really* need to dust, but I absolutely abhore it! I don't really like any household cleaning, but that one is the worst. Laundry isn't so bad, I don't even really mind cleaning the bathrooms and I can tolerate sweeping and mopping (although I hate the actual moving of everything so I can do it), but dusting?...Hate it!

What's yours?

almostamom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Which Household Chore Do You Despise The Most?

I pretty much hate it all (except maybe the laundry), but if I could only pick one it would have to be the floors. I vacuum, I mop, and within minutes if not seconds either DH, DS, or the dog come through with dirty feet. Why do I bother? I'll trade you dusting for floors :)

Linda

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Me, too. I hate floors. Hate 'em. Grrr....

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I HATE HATE HATE cleaning bathrooms! It all started when my mom made me clean the bathroom that I shared with my FOUR brothers. Can you guess how gross that was?!!?!?! I loved being pregnant and EBF b/c I could use the excuse of "no chemicals" with DH. Unfortunately, we have very different ideas of what a clean bathroom is. Toilets and showers are the worst!

I pretty much despise all cleaning. Good thing I have a hubby who understands I'm not his maid and he has to chip in and do his fair share. He does all of the dusting (he thinks I hit too many things when I dust!) and he vacuums a lot, too- same reason, he thinks I ram into furniture. Little does he know I do it on purpose so he will take over the duty!

Oh, you're lucky. My DH's motto is "just don't look at it." It has to get pretty bad for him to notice, and I never let it get that bad!

BTW, it's 5:40pm here and I still haven't dusted. Guess that's not happening today. ;-)

Does this include outdoor cleaning? Because I HATE picking up sticks. We have a large spring maple in the backyard and every time someone mows they must first spend 15-20 minutes picking up sticks. I hated it as a child and i hate the job now.
    My most hated interior job is cleaning the litter box-ewwwwww.
    DD1 11/02
    DS 11/05
    and
    DD2 2/09

happy2bamom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

In general, I dislike ALL cleaning. I"m not very good at either! But if I had to choose, I really dislike putting the laundry away. All of the other steps involved in laundry don't really bother me (other than our bedrooms are on the second floor and the washer/dryer are in the basement). But once I get the laundry folded and put into baskets, it could stay there for a week before I make myself put everything away.

Another daily chore that I always put-off doing is unloading the dishwasher. It is just so monotonous and it has to be done atleast once a day.

Those are the 2 tasks that I dislike the most and HAVE to do pretty regularly. The bigger jobs just get ignored longer.

Kelli
    Proud mama to Biggy & Redball

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I hate dusting and cleaning the tub/shower.

I actually LIKE doing laundry and find getting out stains quite therapeutic!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

I'm like you in that my most despised chore is putting the laundry away. However, many times I don't even get to the folding laundry part. The clean clothes just get thrown in baskets (or even stay in the dryer) for the entire week while I tell myself that tomorrow I will put away the laundry. Ha! Yeah, right! It feels so futile to put laundry away when it will get taken out and worn within a few days.

Hate it, hate it, HATE IT.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Ironing. I'd rather wear wrinkled clothes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast