JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Where did the time go?

Ok seriously where did the time go DS1 -- Logan was just a tot not long ago NOW>>>> he is almost 16 and DRIVING ---YES DRIVING !!!!!! hes 6ft weighs 185lbs and has a size 12 shoe. I remember dropping him off at kindergarten and it seems like YESTERDAY.
    Here he is my man-child starting defensive end and staring center on JV. Anyone know how to make time slow down?? I want the little boy who slept with a pink blanket and super man pj's back for a while LOL

Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Default RE: Where did the time go?

When I was little (around 4) I remember seeing my dad in the garage with the "Miracle Grow" stuff, mixing it up for the flowers. I asked him what it was, and he told me, saying it makes the flowers grow big. I asked him to use it on me so *I* would grow big. He said, "No, I'm going to use "No-Grow" on you so you stay little forever."
    Now having J I totally understand. :)
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Amazing. Do you ever look from your oldest to your youngest, and ask how that happened?

I kinda understand though. When I was a teacher, I remember looking at my first 5th grade class when they were in high school. One girl in particular was the classic geek. cokebottle glasses, hair in a ponytail, perfect uniform, even the awkward walk. One day her senior year, I saw her, now sans glasses, hair down loose, in free dress. I was shocked. All I could think of was how did she grow up to be so beautiful and I never noticed, even though she sat before me every day?
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

When I was little, my dad used to joke that he wanted me to be little forever. He used to say he wasn't going to let me move out of the house til I was 42. It's funny to look back at that. Especially since I"m now only 35!

You have quite a handsome man there. You must be so proud of him (and yourself) that he's become the person he is. Way to go (and can you remember when he was a newborn you were so afraid you'd drop him on his head or hurt him irreversibly?).

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!