gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default I just need to vent...

I can't take it. I'm so uncomfortable, my sciatica are killing me, my house is a disaster because I'm too exhausted and uncomfortable to do anything about it, and my kids are out of control because they know I won't follow up on my discipline threats. My dishwasher- which DH spent 3 days trying to clean the mold out of- STILL smells like mold and he's given up trying to clean it but refuses to call a plumber. Our well water smells like rotten eggs once again despite changing the water heater and sanitizing the well a month ago. And last night black water was pouring out of the tap. Yet, DH keeps putting off doing anything about it!

And I'm experiencing major guilt because even though I always swore my children's TV time would be limited, they have seen every episode of Lazy Town, Yo Gabba Gabba, Mickey's Clubhouse, all the PBS Sprout shows, Backyardigans, Little Einsteins, Dora and Diego episodes that are on Comcast On Demand. They've seen Chicken Little, both Wallace & Gromit movies, Shrek, Monsters Inc. and countless other movies so many times that the movies don't even hold their attention any more.

We went camping this past weekend and I'm still getting stuff put away from that. But then my dad reminds me that the family reunion on my late mother's side is this coming weekend at my Uncle's house who happens to have terminal cancer. Relatives are coming from all over the U.S. for it. Dad really wants me to come. "Um, Dad, I know I"ve told you but maybe you didn't hear me the 12 times I said, I"m sooo tired and uncomfortable!!!!" But I"ll be there. Even without my children who DH offered to take care of for me. So, I"ll be separated from my Cha Cha for the first time since he was born. That means I won't be sleeping much this weekend. I soooo don't want to go. But I think I'd regret not going.

The good news is, that we found a nanny and she starts next Tuesday. God, I hope she works out...

There, I"m feeling a little better. thanks for listening.

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!

stella is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: I just need to vent...

I'm sorry you're so miserable. As for the TV marathons, desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm in my 38th week, and this afternoon, after working all day and NOT sleeping all last night, I had to take a nap. What kind of mom tells her 4 and 6 year old that they can watch whatever they want to, but please let Mama sleep for a little while?

I can only imagine that it's worse with twins. I would call a plumber at this point since the problems are beyond your husband's abilities and you have to live with them all day while he works.

I hope you don't have to go camping again - that sounds like a lot of work to me.

Good luck in putting yourself first and trying to get some rest and help. I hope your nanny works out well.

Thanks for the well wishes. Just think- YOU are almost done. You must be so relieved. I'm bigger now than I was with both of my first 2 pregnancies at 9 months. And I started at the same weight with all of them. And I'm only 27 weeks! ...sigh.. this pregnancy feels endless. I never want to be pregnant AGAIN!!!! (at least, not with twins).

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005

scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

tuesday will soon be here!!!! that is definitly a positive for you. i hope you enjoy your weekend. i know it is tough doing things you don't want to do. i hope it all works out for you!

http://b3.lilypie.com/Sd3bm4.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/WtLfm4.png

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

OK, first things first. CALL A PLUMBER!!!!!!!! My DH is major Mr Fix it, but when it comes to basic sanitation, he gets ONE shot or a call in the pros. Just make the call. Tell him dirty water and mold is putting all the children, including the twins, at risk.

If you really must go to the reuninion, can you just go for a little while then plead "twin fatigue"??

Do NOT worry about the extra TV time. ITA with the PP -- desperate times call for desperate measures. You do what you have to do to keep growing the twins....

Any chance you could get in a cleaning service or cleaning lady once a week for a while???? Maybe the nanny can help with that???

Hope you are feeling better!!

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

HUGS!!!!
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old

I'd be venting right along with you, but I know I couldn't keep it G rated. Or PG. Or even PG-13....
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

Ohhhhhh LISA! HUGS!
    I have a feeling that the nanny arrival will help things a LOT. :) Do NOT, NOT, NOT feel guilty about going upstairs and taking a nap while she is there with the Gator and the Cha-Cha.
    And for pete's sake, call a freakin' plumber, woman!
    And then go get a pedicure. The kind with the massage. Because they solve everything. :)
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You and I are due really close to one another and there are days I feel like I can barely function. Big (((hug))) to you for growing 2. :)

I opened a big old can of worms the 1st trimester with TV. I was just so tired that I left Nickelodeon on all day. I'd take your shows any day- at least they wouldn't make your kids as obnoxious as my ds was there for a while (imitating those shows). Sometimes we just have to cut ourselves some slack, right?

Congrats on finding a nanny! That should be a relief!

You're in the home stretch and doing a great job!

I am really sorry about your uncle. I hope the trip goes smoothly.

Beth

Ha Ha, I know all about the TV can of worms. I was desperate one day and let the boys watch "Back to the Future." It held their attention so long that I let them watch it again the next week. Not long after, I caught him calling something a "son of a b****." I nearly choked on my pickle.

Now my 4 yr old wants a skateboard for Christmas "Just like Marty McFly." I'm so proud.

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005