KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Alek mauled by a sweet little thing at the playground

I had a playdate this morning with another mom. We have 4 boys among us, similar ages. She had set up a mom's night out to the theater and as I was paying her for the ticket, Alek starts screaming. He was in a little area with a little girl, she looked maybe a young two. I couldn't tell at first, but they are definitely scratch marks, one almost bled,and others on both sides of his face.

I know I wasn't watching and I should have. I assumed a small little girl would not be able to do so much damage to my big boy and so quickly. So much for scheduling a family picture anytime soon.

I don't think her parent saw it either and it makes me sad that it was not acknowledged that the other child hurt him. I just comforted him and he got back to playing after a few minutes. I think I am also bothered because this is the worst he has been hurt by another child and I wasn't actively protecting him.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Default RE: Alek mauled by a sweet little thing at the playground

The exact same thing happened to my DD a few months ago. She was in the childcare area at the gym and I had just gotten there to pick her up. I saw her and another little boy (maybe 2) playing. I thought I should get her before anything happened because he was being overly friendly, but I just continued to sign her out. All of a sudden, she is screaming and had scratch marks on both sides of her face - one drew blood. I felt so bad but we can't beat ourselves up over it. It can happen any time. She had the scratches for a few days but they went away. I am sure the other child was just trying to be overly friendly but it still sucks.

I am sorry! Big hugs for you and Alek!

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

May I apologize by proxy? Becca can be kind of a brute and I just know this is in our future. Sometimes it's over-playfulness and sometimes... it's not. Sigh. I'm sorry Alek was hurt.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05

http://bf.lilypie.com/r2Qhm4.png

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh, I hope you is all recovered now from the scratches and you are ready to roll on pics! I swear it is amazing was a tiny tot can do to our big boys. :) You can't be looking in all directions at once and these things happen so quickly. Don't feel bad.

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little munchkin Toby. Just trying to do good in the world, a little at a time. Words to live by: it is *never* the wrong time to do the right thing :)