Default So many health issues.....

This is a B*tch about my many health issues. I know I am blessed that they are comparatively small and can be treated with different medications but why do things keep on happening to me?!?!

1) When I was 13 I was diagnosed with allergies, took meds and got shots for 4 years, went off the shots and the allergies returned. I have now been back on the shots for 7 months and am back on allergy med. I am fine as long as I take the med, but when I miss 1 dose I am messed up for the day.
    2) January 2007 I was diagnosed with Asthma, after trying many different medications the doctor has found a few that work, but it is 1 med 2x per day and another med 1x per day. My allergist informed me that the 2nd med can cause problems with bone density and wants to do a scan if i am still on the med in a few months. He also has me on 2 reflux meds to see if they will help the asthma.
    3) Last December I had surgery on my wrist, the problem area is now feeling a lot better after 3 months of OT and wearing a splint, but it is now really painful for me to write, and my handwriting has gotten worse than it used to be.
    4) My knee has been bothering me for the past month, and I have a feeling the ortho will send me for an MRI since it does not seem to be improving. I fear him telling me to use crutches or stay off my feet as much as possible, I just started a new job at a preschool and that would be severely limiting.
    5) I have a small rash on my foot called a granuloma, it gets irritated when I wear shoes and the cream only helped when I was doing it 2x per day, and it came right back to normal when I stopped.

Sorry that this is slightly petty, I am just sick of having all these health issues when I am only 20, and I want to be able to go through my life without visiting the doctor all the time. I hate having so many different doctors because it demonstrates all of my different medical issues that I need so many doctors for. I am also having trouble finding a new Internist, my ped takes you until you are 25 but I need a new dr, and it is hard finding someone that I like who will not make me wait 6 months to see him/her.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/070720/7cWO.jpg[/img]http://b3.lilypie.com/5BTxm7/.png[/img][/url]

Default HIJACK!

i feel for you, ilana....i'm right there with you.

here is my rant:

Dear body,

If you could stop attacking yourself for five minutes so I can have some peace, I would really appreciate it.

Grudginly yours,

Megs
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)