Thread: Sister Vent

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Sister Vent

My sister with no kids.is staying. I feel she's terribly insecure and has to make sure that she knows more than anyone else. Eg. She was looking after children before I was. So the occasional night of babysitting 16 years ago means she knows as much as I do, the parent of the child for the last 3 years 24/7...aaaagh. If I hear one more time her telling me what to do based on that baby sitting, I will go absolutely crazy.

On a positive note, she is going to baby sit for us a few times, and she's helping me purge my closet, DS's closet and the kitchen pantry

Default RE: Sister Vent

I know what you mean. My single friend does the same thing to me.

I would just turn it all over to her for the evening and head out for a nice dinner :)

Ann

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It must be like compound interest. You're intensive *recent* experience with a child is no match for her experience from 16 years ago with several different children. I mean, she's had 16 years to think about what her babysitting charges did and I'm sure she's developed a whole child-rearing philosophy around that. You're just a flash in the pan with your recent experience. Sure, you've done *okay* for the past 3 years, but you really don't have the benefit of over a decade of experience. Oh, wait, I meant the benefit of experiences over a decade ago. :P

Take advantage of the babysitting and closet/pantry organizing. Hey, you can even send her over here if she'll babysit and organize for me. I could definitely use someone who's experienced. LOL

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Compound interest, that is too funny...
    We are going out for dinner twice while she's here, and my closet looks great.