Default Gymboree Stinks!

I went to my local store on Friday to use my COF coupon. I really liked a new line that they had out but it was still regular price. I asked the store manager if she thought that line would be marked down after COF and should I wait until then and use my 20 % off coupon instead of doing the COF this weekend. She assured me it would not be and I should buy with the COF coupon.

Well, big surprise, I get an email today and it's all been marked down, plus it's an extra 20% off, plus I can use my 20 % coupon and still earn gym bucks. I ended up ordering everything online I purchased in the store plus 5 more items for about 20.00 less!!! I just don't get that company. Plus what is up with not letting you use merchandise credits when you are earning Gym Bucks? I had one for 15.00 and she said if I applied it to my order, I forfeited all my gym bucks??

I can't wait to take it all back to the store this week!

Ann

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Gymboree Stinks!

Gymboree is so confusing and all of the "sales" drive me insane.

With that said, can I take your b!tch slightly off-topic for a minute? LOL

I have a 20% coupon and the COF coupon. What's the best strategy for using them? Can I use them both? I'm so confused about the whole thing I've been avoiding Gymbo, but if it's an extra 20% off.... :P

I had the same complainted about store credit and gymbucks (I was returning a gift) but the clerk explained it had something to do with people earning gymbucks then returning the merchandise but keeping the gymbucks or something. It didn't totally make sense but it is the policy everywhere so there is not much you can do about it. I know Gymboree sales are confusing but when you hit them right you can walk away with some amazing deals. The nurse at my OB's office just had her first grandchild and I ran into her at Gymboree. I showed her around and explained a little of how it works and she walked out with a HUGE bag of stuff for her new little grandbaby for almost exactly $50 plus a gymbuck for next month. She was very happy.
    Sarah

we were told from a gymbo employee that this sale was not on the schedule and was a last minute decision by corporate. the stores didn't know until monday (so they say).

i have no buying strategy. it's too confusing.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

I'm sorry that they are so weird with their sales, but thank you for posting this! I was able to run over to Gymboree on my lunch break today and found that everything I bought during COF was now a better deal, so I used my 20% coupon and came out MUCH better than before! I returned the first round of stuff after work!
    Daniele
    mama to
    dd1 watching over her brothers and sister from Heaven
    ds1 13 years old
    dd2 10 years old
    ds2 6 years old
    Placenta Increta/c-hyst survivor

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've given up figuring them out, as they're as bad as the airline industry. Honestly, their sales are clear as mud. I look online, if I like the line, I go in, and if I don't I don't. If I happen to run into a sale or can use an earned gymbuck wrinkling in my purse, more the better, but to try to keep track of these wacky sales? Oy.