Sillygirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default SO GLAD I obey the law - NOT !!! GRRRRRR

I pay employment taxes on my nanny. It's the law, it's the right thing to do, I'm glad I do it. But could the state make it any harder? The forms are so complex and confusing it's as though I need an accountant and a lawyer to understand them. They use the same forms for me as for a corporation with a thousand employees. And now I've moved, and I called, and waited on hold, and sent the papers in saying I've dissolved my household, and done everything they've asked. So what do I get in the mail? A penalty notice demanding $75! No explanation of why - but a helpful list of things I might have done, including not filing a payroll even if I didn't pay anyone anything! They can kiss my left cheek if they think I'm paying this. GRRRRRRRRR.
    Katie, Mom to two boys
    Retraining my dopamine circuits thanks to David Kessler, MD.
    Jonathan: Halloween 2004
    Alex: A smidge past Groundhog Day 2007

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: SO GLAD I obey the law - NOT !!! GRRRRRR

They don't make it easy to dot the "I"s or cross the "T"s, do they?

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little munchkin Toby. Just trying to do good in the world, a little at a time. Words to live by: it is *never* the wrong time to do the right thing :)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: SO GLAD I obey the law - NOT !!! GRRRRRR

Well, this probably doesn't help but I for one am always incredibly pleased to hear that people keep the law just because they know that it is the right thing to do. People like you give me faith in humanity and I must commend you!

I can't believe how hard they make it to do the right thing, though. :(

Jen