Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ack - DD got bit!

So DD has been doing great at the kid's place at the gym. I have worked out every day for two weeks straight. A few months back another kid decided to scratch both sides of her face, but I got past that. Now, another little girl bit her! I know it's not a huge deal and everyone was really nice about it, but grr! My poor baby has some other kids teeth marks right on her face. At least she didn't break skin, right?

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Ack - DD got bit!

((((HUGS))))

DD was bite twice in the same day last spring. I think at some point in our careers as mothers, we are going to be the mom of the biter or the bitten. :-(

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Why weren't the kid's place supervisors watching for this? I'd complain- especially if you pay extra for the child care service.

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hugs for you & DD...

DS had a set of teeth marks from his friend at daycare, then he bit our neighbor's son's hand at a later date... Both times they were fighting over toys, and they were 1.5 - 2.5 years old then. DH was upset when DS was bitten, and I was upset when he was the biter.

Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hugs, my son has been bitten and I think it hurts mamas more than them...it just looks so awful even after the pain is gone for the child!

****Rocking out while parenting my smart little munchkin Toby. Just trying to do good in the world, a little at a time. Words to live by: it is *never* the wrong time to do the right thing :)

lol, the only place DS has ever been bitten was at the gym daycare. The girl had bitten before so they were keeping a close eye on her and after this episode they asked the mom to keep her out for a while.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Twice in one day? Your poor baby! But, I guess you're right - it's a right of passage or something! ;)

We do pay extra for it. It was only her and another little girl in the toddler area. There was a staff member there but she was holding another baby. She pulled them apart quickly, but not fast enough. I mean, it could happen anywhere I guess. I talked to the director today (she runs the morning kids group) and she was just "oh, that happens here sometimes". Not really what I wanted to hear, but they handled it well, documented it, and had the other child leave for the day. Not much else they really can do I guess.

Yeah, now I am afraid she is going to think she should bite when someone annoys her... Let's hope that doesn't happen!

I remember you posts about your nephew biting. I can't imagine poor Toby having to deal with that more than once! DD only cried for a minute and then was more interested in trying to eat the ice than caring about the bite. She does have a nice imprint of teeth on her cheek today, but I am sure it will go away soon enough!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast