MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Pushy, obnoxious Hanna saleswoman

I love Hanna clothes but I usually buy them at consignment/thrift stores or when they have a really big sale. Well, I got the email that had the Halloween hats marked down to $5 and have been sooooooo wanting the Ladybug (DD is going to be a Bee) So cute I had to have it. Even I can justify $5! :P

Anyway, DD and I hop in the car and go over to pick one up, and there is a pushy wench of a sales woman who won't lay off trying to get me to spend $125 to get 20% off. What on earth about my $5 purchace makes her think I'm going to lay down another $120 bucks for 20% off? She keeps going on with how she can set aside the hat for me if I want to shop more. Gee, thanks.

I'm not doing a good job conveying how pushy she was. Trust me, she was a witch. I think I'll be doing my Hanna sales shopping online from now on.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Pushy, obnoxious Hanna saleswoman

I worked with someone like that when I was in college. The other assistant manager was always trying to upsell people. We had featured products each week and goals for them. Most often it was a $100 pillow. Ok, if someone came in to buy a $15 item why in the world am I going to push a $100 pillow on them? The other lady was very persuasive and somehow sold a bunch of them...but they always got returned in days. It's like people bought it just to shut her up.

I hate salespeople like that. I am so sorry you had to deal with that!

I always laugh inwardly when stores try to get me to open a credit card to save 10% and I have spent a whopping $7. Maybe try and sell me on another feature of the credit card. I am really not interested in saving $.70. :)

So sorry for that hijack! I'm glad you got the hat you wanted. :)

Beth

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: Pushy, obnoxious Hanna saleswoman

Thanks for helping me look on the bright side! :-)
    Molly