ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default I love my kid but...

I know this is probably a petty post to most, but I gotta say it: I HATE BEING SPIT UP ON BY DD!!!!! It is just after 10 AM here and I have already gone through 3 shirts!!! (And we only got up at 7:30.) It's making me really depressed. I don't see the point of getting dressed in the morning because I know DD is just going to baptize me with her regurjitated (sp?) Similac vomit! Truthfully I don't even feel like I want to hold her for hours after she eats because I know she will spit up on me. Last week I washed 5 loads of laundry and I only have 1 kid!!! And one husband! But by the time I change her 3 times a day and me 3 shirts a day, I am making a load per day. And we live in an apartment with a common laundry room, so I can't just throw in a load. It is an expedition getting down to the laundry room. And I am still 30+ lbs heavier since I had her so I don't have that many clothes that fit! Ugh! When with this pass???????????

Default RE: I love my kid but...

I hear ya, I've got a spitter, too! I swear I used to change her 5 times a day. She's almost 6 months now and it's MUCH better. Hang in there!! I know the feeling, I hated to hold her for a long time - I felt so bad but I swear she would spit up every five minutes!
    Tracy

DD1 12/03
    DD2 5/07

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Boy, do I remember feeling like that! After I was done BFing, both my DD and DS switched to formula for a little while. We ruled out reflux, but what finally helped was switching formulas. With one child, switching from regular powder to soy did the trick. With the other, no powder worked, so we tried the ready-to-use liquid, and that made a big difference. It was more expensive, but saved my sanity and greatly reduced my laundry!

It won't last forever, so hang in there mama! :-)

Default A Happy Spitter...

That's what my BIL & Sis (both Family Practice MDs) came up with as a diagnosis for our DD who has the same issues - babies who are consistently gaining weight, but also consistently "urp" as we call it now...

It doesn't matter what I feed her - she urps after BFing, rice, oatmeal, fruits and veggies - I don't feed her "orange" or "green" food on days I know we have to go anywhere to keep the staining down...

DD1 did this too & grew out of it sometime before she was two... :{

It'll get better...

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ah, how I remember this...and how I hope that this baby is not a happy spitter too! We weren't planning on having more kids so we have lots of new furniture which I'd love to not have totally christened. :)

Have you tried keeping dd in a bib? I found it much more laundry effective to just have to change baby's bib than full outfit. Didn't always work but it worked enough of the time. No real ideas for you unless you want to keep a towel draped over yourself all the time (which I was known to do).

6 months seemed to be a magic mark for us. It'll get better soon. :)

Beth

I posted this awhile ago on the BB Lounge - referring to my little spitter:

Sung to the tune of "Start Me Up:" by the Rolling Stones

Katy's spitting up
    Katy's spitting up will never stop
    Katy's spitting up
    Katy's spitting up will never stop

Go and get a mop
    Because once again she blew her top

Katy's spitting up
    Katy's spitting up