Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good Times.

Default Good Times.

I'm taking my big kid for some tests today. An appt. I've waited weeks for. He has croup. He is cranky, with a nose that drips like a faucet. Did I mention he's cranky?

Oh, and his sister has croup too. I sweated my @ss off last night because she would only sleep if I held her sitting up and she had a fever. Girl was radiating heat like crazy. I could have stood next her and made 'smores.

And I have bronchitis. And I'm about to get my period and I don't have any chocolate or a bag of pizza cracker combos.

P.S. We all sound like we have a two pack a day habit with a little Demi Moore thrown in.

lilycat88 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Good Times.

Good luck with that...all of that. Hope you are all feeling better soon. I've seen/examined/analyzed/commented upon more than enough snot to last anyone's lifetime. You do need chocolate.

Jamelin
    Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

“We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty, and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.� --Unknown

scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

oh dear.. first things first you need chocolate!!! go right to the store and get some.. what saved me last week when ds had croup was ice cream.. we actually had two bowls and two spoons b/c that is all he would eat.. i hope your kids feel better. and of course you. i ended up getting sick after ds. we were a miserable family for awhile. i hope you all feel better sooN!! it just seems to take forever for this crap to go away!

http://b3.lilypie.com/Sd3bm4.png

http://bd.lilypie.com/WtLfm4.png

Hugs. Hope things get better real soon.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Gator has croup too. And laryngitis. He saw the ped yesterday and she confirmed that there wasn't anything else at play there. Fever of 101 degrees. Talk about grumpy. And she made sure to mention not to give him cough syrup-type medicines. of course.

I feel your pain.

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!

cca is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Huge hugs!! I've so been there.....i swear I have the croupiest children in the world.....my previous experience w/ croup (before dd) was reading about it in Anne of Green Gables....

Since DD i could write a textbook...plus since my children get croupy as soon as someone even sniffles, from september till April there is no break...

do you have a cold vapor humidifier? its the only thing that keeps me half way sane...

hth,
    chetna

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Got the humidifyer going right now. can't imagine life without it.

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We are right there with you on the croup. MIL tells me after the fact, of course, that DH had it every year until he was 12! Pulmicort and a nebulizer is our lifesaver when it comes to croup.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

I hope Peyton and Layla feel better soon, and that your appointment went well.

I have a bad cough/bronchitis and chocolate really helps with the pain!

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/071010/DkhE.jpg[/img]http://b4.lilypie.com/iOMom7/.png[/img][/url]

Thanks so much guys for the good words and comerseration.

Good news: P. can hear clear as a bell. No issues found with the ENT either.

Bad news: Guess where we spent this morning after an exceptionally bad night? Yep, the hospital. Both. Of. Them.

Got breathing treatments and steroids. Came home with scripts for more steroids and an abx for L. as she has a kickin' ear infection as well.

Blech.

Again, I really appreciate your replies. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast