Thread: OUCH!

Default OUCH!

Public Service Announcement...

If you take a baking dish out of a 350 degree oven, where it has been sitting for an hour, the lid will be very, very HOT. Picking it up with your bare hand is, to put it mildly, not a very good idea at all. :-(
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Default RE: OUCH!

yes and ouch. Hope it feels better soon! Can you get your hands on some silvadine cream? Great stuff!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I've done something very similar. I had a skillet in the oven, took it out, then grabbed the handle to move it. Ouch! So I feel your pain. :)
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

From someone who does this all the time put lavender oil on. It works great, stops the burn and heals the scar quickly!!! A doctor friend of my parents told them that trick and now I have some on hand for when ever I do it. FYI Also hitting the bright orange burner on top of your oven, not so good ;)
    Sarah

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I picked up an oven grate while fully heated one time when I was drunk and before I had kids (btw, I fully recommend that if you are going to do something dumb like that, do it while you are drunk. The pain feels very detached...) Anyway, I rubbed aloe-vera leaf on it immediately afterwards and there wasn't a blister or so much as a scar the next day. Made me wonder if I hadn't dreamed it or something.

Lisa
    Mom to Gator July 2003
    And Cha-Cha July 2005
    and surprise! twins due 11/07!