Default Will the mold fairy please go sit on a different house? I'm so sick of allergies.

Once again an entire day lost to a runny nose and inability to stop freaking sneezing. It's been constant,unless I'm asleep I'm blowing my nose,sneezing or stuffed up. I've taken claritin and nasal spray but am unable to use a decongestant because ds is still nursing.
    It's almost the end of november from crimenys sake, can't it just freeze and stay cold instead of getting up to 60 degrees everyday? And to top it off,dd was diagnose with strep this morning-oh goodie. I'm just sick of this.
    DD1 11/02
    DS 11/05
    and
    DD2 2/09

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Will the mold fairy please go sit on a different house? I'm so sick of allergies.

We have been dealing with the exact same thing. DH and I have gone through boxes of kleenex, and then we all got sick. I am sure it has to do with the mold.

We did make things a lot better in the house. We changed the air filters on the furnace, put small filters in every vent in the house, washed every curtain, duvet, blanket and fabric thing in the house, got the carpets steam cleaned and washed everything in the closets. No more sneezing or itchy eyes.

You would think that I had a clean house now, but no . . . it is just as trashed as usual.

Good luck. I really think the filters in all the vents made a huge difference in the air quality in the house. A big enough package to do every vent in the house cost about $10 at the hardware store.

Good luck.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Will the mold fairy please go sit on a different house? I'm so sick of allergies.

When my mom gets congested she makes what we used to call her "Witches Brew". She would simmer a pot of water on the stove with salt and ginger. We would find her with her head over it many times while she was sick!!! She claims it works. If you're desperated for relief- give it a shot!

Hope you feel better soon!