Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ellink Guest

Default RE: honest bridal shop in LA?

Avoid White Rose in Pasadena. I bought my dress here. Everything seemed fine. I went in to get a swatch of the fabric -- the salesperson gave me a different color fabric. I told her that wasn't what I ordered. One woman told me the dress I had originally tried on, the one that was the color I wanted, had faded because it was in the window on display. I didn't believe her and pursued it further. I called, left messages and left notes. Everyone in the store told me I was a hysterical bride, but no one bothered to check with the manufacturer. When I called, the saleswoman hung up on me. 6 weeks after I inquired about the discrepancy, she finally spoke to the manufacturer and found out that although I told them I wanted a dress in IVORY, they had ordered the dress in CHAMPAGNE. I wasn't crazy, the dress hadn't faded -- THE STAFF WAS INCOMPETENT. It was too late to get the dress in the color I wanted. Avoid White Rose in Pasadena.

myoshida Guest

If you are willing to drive down to Orange County, definitely go to Jaclyn's Bridal in Santa Ana. They don't rip tags out, let you take photos and have great customer service. Also check out Jinny's Bridal Center in Huntington Beach. I found a dress I liked for $250! Its a small shop but they have a good selection of dresses at very affordable prices. I've also visited Bride's International in Huntington Beach. I've heard different things about the store. They definitely rip tags out and don't let you take photos. But the women who helped me was very nice and not pushy and I found a beautiful dress for $590.

Jungle Pam Guest

Has anyone heard about/used Rebecca Richards on Ventura Blvd? Almost went to Victorian Garden but heard they overcharge and do bad alterations.... Loved Jobyna's in Glendale (almost in la Canada) - very friendly and helpful!

renee jon Guest

Check out Renee Jon Designs 909-860-8842 or e-mail [email protected]

resaben Guest

Actually, when I went in to Mary Me in Anaheim Hills, every dress I tried on had its tag still on. Doesn't mean that other dresses were missing them, but all the ones I looked at had them.

The person assisting me was very nice and helpful, she actually showed me the tags when I first asked who the makers were on a couple dresses.

resaben Guest

A friend recommended them, so I went in to Castle for Brides. The service was nice enough, but I found that a couple PC Mary's dresses were several hundred dollars more than the websites out there were listing them as.

Also, the dresses I had time to check before the salesgirl whisked them away to a "waiting rack" were all missing their manufacturer tag. Some had a fabric content tag, but no maker tags.

Default Glamour Closet

Glamour Closet was the first store that I tried wedding dresses on, and though I didn't find a dress there, I had a great experience. The woman who helped me was really nice, and helped me to understand Bridal sizing, undergarments, etc. If you are really interested in getting a designer gown, but want a cheaper price, it is definitely a great option.

Default Unique Vintage

If you are considering a vintage themed wedding, you should definitely check out Unique Vintage. Not only do they carry authentic, well preserved vintage wedding dresses, they also carry really inexpensive recreations. They had two 50s style dresses for under 200 dollars. I was considering doing a 1920s themed wedding and I tried on flapper dresses there. It was a riot! By the end, my mom and sister were trying them on two and dancing around the shop. I had a great time.

Default Wedding Time

I would not recommend this store. Though the sales woman was nice, and fit me in without an appointment, the selection at this store is awful. It was bad enough that they did not have anything that I liked, but on top of it all the dresses they did have we way overpriced. I would not have been comfortable with the quality of the dresses they offered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2