Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default RE: Wedding gowns in greater DC area

Hi Fellow DC Brides!

I am in Fredericksburg and in dire need of finding a reasonable yet excellent seamstress to make alterations on my gown, preferably in Northern VA or DC. It sounds as if many of you have found seamstresses that you feel comfortable with. I appreciate it if you could list the contact information for them.

It would be a GREAT help!!!!

alyssanar Guest

I agree about Hannalores. They seemed to have an "attitude" when I was there also. They do have some terrific gowns, but I purchased my gown on the net.

Good luck to all,

Alyssa

VAbride Guest

i live in alexandria, but made the hike to rockville for dawn brooky. she is fabulous and very, very reasonable. her number is 301-816-9315. i love what she did with my dress!

VAbride Guest

ha! i went to ellie's when i was shopping...i found a beautiful dress...it's price was around $900...and the saleswoman, who was very helpful and sweet, told me alterations would cost another $400!!! i was stunned. i didn't buy there...and once i did buy my dress (at i do, i do in r'ville), the alterations only cost me $124.00. that i could deal with!

VAbride Guest

i bought my shoes from hannelores...they have a nice selection, and the shoe salesperson was very nice...but they DO have attitude. they never called to tell me my shoes were in (you have to order them)...and i don't like their "no return" policy. i wouldn't recommend them to anyone, although they seem to have a wide-variety of merchandise.

dcbride Guest

I too am using Dawn Brooky and she's great (well worth my trip from Arlington). She also makes veils, and I'm having her make my 2-layer, fingertip veil for a very reasonable price.

VAbride Guest

ooooh! i really wanted to get dawn to do my veil, but i didn't realize she made them until AFTER i had made my appt. w/kathy at i do, i do. can you tell me what dawn is charging? my two-tiered finger-tip veil w/a comb (w/austrian crystals and pearls) is $168.

VAbride Guest

ooooh! i really wanted to get dawn to do my veil, but i didn't realize she made them until AFTER i had made my appt. w/kathy at i do, i do. can you tell me what dawn is charging? my two-tiered finger-tip veil w/a comb (w/austrian crystals and pearls) is $168.

dcbride Guest

My veil, a 2-layer, fingertip veil on a comb with a small line of pearls and beading, was $75. All of Dawn's veils are under $100. She's great! :)

katherineharlow Guest

I am beginning my search for my wedding gown and have been trying to find as much information about purchasing on-line as well. Who did you buy from? I have read some horrible things about Pearls Place and am just too scared to take the plunge. Any suggestions?

I also went to Hannelore's terrible terrible place. Would never recommend it to any one. Very rude! I was actually left in the dressing room for 10 min. while she recieved a phone call! And she chastised me for actually shopping early! Can you believe that?

KH

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast