Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    One Frustrated Bride Guest

Default Discount Bridal Service

Has anyone used Discount Bridal Service to purchase their bridal gown? I have my dress chosen, but am debating if I should buy the dress through the store that I found it in, or through DBS.

I would appreciate any good/bad experiences with DBS - this will help me make my final decision on where I purchase my dress from.

Thank you!

MEILIN Guest

Default RE: Discount Bridal Service

I would say that for me and my friends Pearl's is without a doubt the best.

MeiLin

katefoley Guest

I ordered my Marisa gown through DBS and I have to say I was very happy with the whole process. When the gown arrived with a manufacturing defect (that the inspectors in MD couldn't have caught, you have to try it on to realize the flaw); they were great about taking it back and getting me a new gown. In the meantime I moved across the country and they even shipped it to my new address.

I'm in the process of ordering my bridesmaid gowns through DBS and I'm thrilled with the discount.

As long as you are comfortable with your DBS dealer, I'd say go with it. They can hook you up with a seamstress, if you're worried about that. I think it's much better than getting gouged at a salon.

whislerj Guest

I received a quote through DBS that was higher than at Pearl's by $200. The DBS rep said she could submit a quote to see if it could be matched but when I told her the price quoted by Pearl's she said they would not be able to match that price. However, this is what really impressed me. She said "that is a fantastic price for that dress and you should definately buy it through the other place." I thought this was very honest (and refreshing) and while I'm not ordering through DBS I was very impressed by their reps level of professionalism.

iisrbleu Guest

I received a quote from Discount Bridal Serive that was $200.00 cheaper then Pearl's Place. In fact, I found the dress Pearl's quoted me a few dollars cheaper in a full service bridal salon. I'm going with the DBS quote!!

statum Guest

I second the good review of Pearl's Place; I've had good experience in two cases in the past & have just ordered my wedding gown. Their quote is always the best.

Dyonia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I ordered my gown through DBS -- my rep has been really helpful! In fact, my gown should be arriving sometime this month. I ordered a Maggie Sottero gown, and if you've read her review by the Fields, you'll know why I don't have an exact date yet.

Best of luck to you!

Affordable Dreams Guest

I'm curious what did you end up doing? Was DBS able to beat the Shop price? What dress did you buy? Thanks
    Chrissy
    a DBS rep

tammeja Guest

I purchased my dress through DBS and saved almost $200. The service was great. I highly recommend it.

Affordable Dreams Guest

Glad we were able to get you the dress of your dreams even if it wasn't me :) at a great deal! Best of luck always.
    Chrissy
    Affordable Dreams By Christine
    a DBS rep

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast