I had the best experience finding my wedding dress at Here Comes the Bride in Addison, IL. It's about a 45 minute drive west from downtown Chicago. The service is not pushy or overbearing. It's very down-to-earth.

If you like dresses by Monique L'Huillier, definitely drop by this place. I bought my wedding dress by Monique L'Huillier there. It was a sample gown but it was perfect. The price was much, much better than retail and the service was so much more pleasant than other snotty places in Chicago. I highly recommend you look here.

Try going here then try the House of Brides in Glen Ellyn, IL and you'll understand the meaning of juxtaposition. I couldn't run out of House of Brides fast enough. They had me try on a dress in a filthy dressing room, that someone had just stepped out of. The previous bride had her dresses still in there. When I asked if they had a halter bra that I could borrow to try on a dress, they didn't ask me my size. Instead they brought me a 40A cup to use. I don't know anyone with those measurements. Then, the puffy thing under the dress, she pointed to the one crushed in the corner of the dressing room that the previous person had just used. Now, that was a really classy touch. I tried on 2 dresses and bolted out. If you think that you are paying for service here, you might as well be flushing it down the toilet.