sacramentosal Guest

Default RK Bridal vs Pearl's Place to order from

Ok gals, I have gone through and read all the past posts, and haven't really decided. I am planning to order my wedding dress this week. Which would you pick - Pearl's Place or RK Bridal? Their prices are comparable and both of them would be "internet" orders since I live in California. Both places are quite busy when you phone in, but heh what do you expect when you get thousands of people calling in for quotes? Pearl's Place seemed to be about 50/50 with good/bad experiences, and there are only a few comments about RK. It is a Maggie Sottero dress. Let me know your experience! :D
    SacramentoSal

ckapral Guest

Default RE: RK Bridal vs Pearl's Place to order from

I am taking from your name that you live in Sacramento, as do I. I ordered my dress from Pearl's Place about a week ago, also a Maggie Sotterro. So far I am pleased with their service.

I have bombarded Fred with emails and he has always responded within 30 minutes. I must say that I am a little leery of ordering over the internet so I am asking even more questions than usual. Fred has answered them all and been very patient with me.

When I ordered my dress they did seem busy, but everything went fine and I will be getting it in 4 months. The thing I really liked about Pearl's was that they only require half up front for the dress. All the other discounters I looked at required the full payment up front.

Compared to the prices and service at shops in Sacramento I am much happier with the internet service I am recieving. You would think that a store in our area could provide better service than a store over a 1000 miles away, but I guess that would be giving to much credit.

Anyways I will stop babbling and say that I am happy with Pearl's so far. I will let you know what I think when I receive my dress.

sacramentosal Guest

Default RE: RK Bridal vs Pearl's Place to order from

Yes, you are correct, I am located in Sacramento, CA.

I did order the dress from Pearl's after all. The half deposit was half of the suggested retail price so it was more than I expected, but you do what you have to do! I haven't asked so many questions of Fred because I had talked to them a year ago and have read many posts about them. I did ask for a confirmation of the order though. It does seem a little scary ordering something so important as your wedding dress over the internet, but saving $500 makes it seem worthwhile!

I can't understand why a full service bridal salon has to mark up the dresses so much. I am sure that with the internet they are now loosing a lot of sales to internet orders. If they had been willing to discount the dress a little I would have ordered from them, but $500 difference is a lot, so there it is. Thanks for your reply!